I Dont Know What To Say To A Customer. Please Help Me.

Decorating By kayla1505 Updated 6 Apr 2008 , 9:26pm by kayla1505

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:43pm
post #31 of 45
Quote:
Quote:

The cake and shoes are absolutely lovely, The board, well, that's another story. lol

Actually, this is one time I think the stamped lace cardboard looks quite nice..it goes with the theme very well imo.

As far as her complaint about the amount of filling...again, you might want to tell your customers up front that you have to be very careful about fillings with carved cakes.

I won't even do fillings other than a standard buttercream in a carved cake. It's too messy and I don't want to worry about crashes!

mona1949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mona1949 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:06pm
post #32 of 45

I love your cake and shoes. The both are so real looking. You did an excellent job and are very talented. You should be very proud of your work. You are a true artist. icon_smile.gif

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:31pm
post #33 of 45

Thank you guys. She wrote back today. Here's her response

"Your response alone made everything better.
No worries! Forget about the refund.
Thanks for everything."

I'll glad she was soo nice and understanding.

Thank you for all the lovely comments

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:57pm
post #34 of 45

Just wanted to say that I also learned about a cake needing to be denser for carving purposes. I want to make a "cars" cake for my son and am attempting to carve it. I was just going to do a regular cake, now I know.
I think the cake and shoes were beautiful. You do beautiful work.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 11:07pm
post #35 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla1505

Thank you guys. She wrote back today. Here's her response

"Your response alone made everything better.
No worries! Forget about the refund.
Thanks for everything."

I'll glad she was soo nice and understanding.

Thank you for all the lovely comments

Awe, well that's a nice ending. The cake really was awesome. I'm sure she so appreciated your honest apology.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:46am
post #36 of 45

Absolutely stunning cake. The shoes are to die for....
You have great talent!

I think you've got yourself a repeat/satisfied customer judging from her last response. You've got what it takes to get a business going!

Once again fantastic job!

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:19pm
post #37 of 45

I'm glad that ended well! What a nice customer.. those are the ones you want to come back icon_smile.gif
Now, how did you do the shoes? The whole theme is beautiful!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:27pm
post #38 of 45

*HUGE* sigh of relief! Open communication saves the day!!

And that is gorgeous by the way... fantastic work! You won't be a novice for long at this rate! icon_wink.gif

angelbabe_28f Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelbabe_28f Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:44pm
post #39 of 45

Kayla,

You handled the entire situation like a pro! You should be very proud of yourself.

I wanted to share with you a great cake recipe for 3D cakes that I use ALL the time. It is so super moist and yet holds up very well to any 3D/Scultped cake....I use this recipe all the time. If a customer wants Vanilla, I just substitute the Chocolate cake mix for Vanilla and chocolate pudding for vanilla....etc.

I hope this helps you out with your next cake!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6093-Durable-Cake-for-3D-in-Chocolate.html

Good luck Kayla!

Angel

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 1:46pm
post #40 of 45

This all worked out!!!! Since the customer was so nice and did require the refund and you definitely want to make sure that she comes back to you......I would just email her and say since it was my mistake and she refused the refund, that when she does come back, she has a $40 credit towards her next cake....thats just me making sure she has the incentive to use you again!!! Just a suggestion............

kayla1505 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 3:58am
post #41 of 45

hey eatdessert1st I just printed a pattern and cut the gumpaste with an craft knife. let me know if you want me to post it the pattern. boonenati has a good article on how to make gumpaste shoes

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 6:06am
post #42 of 45

Hi Kayla, I just saw this and fell in love with this cake. I have been wanting to do a purse and shoe cake for a bit now. Would you mind sending me the pattern and how you did this. I would appreciate it very, very much. You did an awesome job on this!!!!!!! My email is [email protected]. Thanks so much!!!

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 6:59am
post #43 of 45

Kayla, please do post the pattern when you have time! Your shoes were absolutely jaw-dropping beautiful!

kayla1505 Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 11:28pm
post #44 of 45

thank you angelbabe for the recipe.

I hope she asks me to make her a cake again so i can make up for my mistakes. Her sister was talking about getting a cake for her bday, but she hasn't called me back yet so we'll see how that goes in the the next week.

kayla1505 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 9:26pm
post #45 of 45

here's the link to the pattern I use to make the shoes

http://www.yummyarts.com/members/products/gp_shoetemplate.pdf

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%