Glazing Question

Baking By shanasweets Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 12:35pm by bakinccc

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 6:14am
post #1 of 2

I made some easter cookies recently. I was looking for a way to do them quicker. they all were going to have a white background, so I took my antonia icing and thinned it a little (flooding stage). dipped my cookies in it, used a paint brush to wipe off some extra. I found that they still dripped down the side of the cookie alot when I put them on the rack. Is there an easier way to do this without making so messy. I also find it hard to not have it dripp down the side if I am flooding without a border. Any advise would be appreciated.

1 reply
bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 2

For me the only way I can flood without a border is to first make sure my cookie is level and not higher in the middle than the edges. It just doesn't work to flood if you're cookies are rounded up a bit. But if they're level I've had success with them just making my flooding frosting a little thicker. It takes longer for it to settle down to a smooth surface when the frosting is thicker, but that's ok. At least it doesn't run off the edges. Most of the time I outline though. Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%