I Amhaving So Much Trouble With Cake Central

Decorating By conchita Updated 8 Apr 2008 , 6:01pm by leily

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 56

I am having so much problem when I try to open this site it takes for ever and it does not open. and when i try to open a page it nevers open, and then when I try the second time it oppens.

but the cake central site is worst I been trying since wednesday and I was able to open the site today.
is this normal?

55 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 56

Yes it is. I do not know what the cause is, but I find it extremely difficult to open the website, even the homepage. It used to be that it would be slow for me, but since the crash, it is nearly impossible. I feel fortunate that I am in here now, and hope it does not go down again soon.

I had tried from 7 AM yesterday, until late in the afternoon, to get into the site so I could declare the winner in the Cake Throwdown, but met with messages claming my server could not find the webpage I was looking for.

I am sure that Heath and Jackie are aware of the situation, as there is at least 1 message posted per week about it, and that they are working diligently to resolve it. We will just have to be patient and wait for updates, which they do provide us from time to time.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:47am
post #3 of 56

I have never had trouble getting into CakeCentral before. But now.......yeesh!

I just let my puter load the page for the last 1/2 hr while I was doing something else. It finally worked! This is crazy slow since the database crash.

I hope it gets fixed soon. icon_sad.gif

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:08am
post #4 of 56

I've been having loads of trouble too! The worst is when the page keeps refreshing/reloading, I'm guessing it's to refresh the ads, but when it does that most times it just bounces me completely out of CC. I've also learned to never use my "Back" button because it doesn't work on CC anymore. This is the first time that I've been able to view anything on CC since Thursday night! I had to go to one of the other cake forum sites to find the info I needed for a project on Saturday...not fun at all!!

I'm glad to be back on here, if even for a few minutes! I've missed everyone! icon_lol.gif

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:15am
post #5 of 56

If the hosting company they are using actually gets people to pay for their services... maybe I am in the wrong biz. icon_wink.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:17am
post #6 of 56

My problem is after about 10 am until about 11 pm. Since Thurs I've not been able to get on. When I do, I don't want to quit looking at pics b/c I know when I come back I won't be able to view them until the night. I've never had this problem until Thurs. (It has been slow, but now I can't even get to the site)

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:27am
post #7 of 56

Same story as above....takes forever to load & thats if the server is found icon_cry.gif During the day it is impossible, I seem to have better luck at night but I am way too tired to invest any serious time going through the forums and pics icon_sad.gif I'm sure that they are working on it and I have hope it will be fixed soon.

Melony Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melony Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:51am
post #8 of 56

Me too! I can log on in the mornings, but thats it. I don't have any luck in the afternoon or evening. This is the first time I've been able to get on at night in a while.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:57am
post #9 of 56
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:07am
post #10 of 56

Me too...is so awful...so sad...I miss my CC!
Edna

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:21am
post #11 of 56

It's probably slow because of all the people at work who eat lunch at their desks then sneak onto cc then hunch over their monitors and cruise there until quitting time. LOL

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evenings are hardest for me. Seems like I get on better in the mornings then it drops off thru the day. I click a page and go do something. It either loads eventually or times out. Oh well, just have to be patient since we can't do a thing about it. I don't know of any other cake forums. Maybe I should just keep it that way.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:38am
post #12 of 56

Yeah, i'm on! I have been trying for 2days now and I can't believe that I'm on now. I needed a recipe so bad yesterday and the day before but no success with getting on here. I hope that the problem is resolved realllllyyyyyy soooon because I miss CC for sure!!

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:48am
post #13 of 56

I thought it was just me. I just try to go on late. About midnight or after since most people are sleeping. I don't work so it's not a problem for me.

lindav76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindav76 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:57am
post #14 of 56

its been like this for me for days .if it works ,maybe for a while .the first time loged on to this site ,im sure every one saw the warning sign ,site is highly addictive ,we love this place so much we have to be pacient.im sure they are trying their best to make it run smoothly.
another thing i noticed is the advertising it just keeps loading ,when you hit the back button it wont work .i just pull down the tab and skip all the advertising .i too miss cc when its down

linda

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:06am
post #15 of 56

Yes, Linda, I also have trouble with the back button. I end up going to the top of the page, and re-entering the site from the homepage.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

nelly27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelly27 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:13am
post #16 of 56

i hit the back button 4 x in a row it seems to work

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:22am
post #17 of 56

In my case it doesnt even open...stays blank !
Edna icon_sad.gif

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 6:03am
post #18 of 56

I can't get on at times for hours, it's saying page doesn't exist or it just has the little hour glass for ages.

I have to "open in another window" constantly because once I'm on and click on a topic in a forum it doesn't open.

And the computer is STILL having those clicking and flickering seizures it's really getting on my nerves!

Thank goodness I don't suffer from seizures myself. lol

It's really terrible. I don't know if the site was always like this or what.???!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 6:10am
post #19 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheButterWench

And the computer is STILL having those clicking and flickering seizures it's really getting on my nerves!

My daughter hates it when I leave the volume/sound un-muted, because every time an ad changes, the computer "clicks".

"Mom!! YOu left the sound on again!" Sometimes my poor laptop sounds like a set of castinets, with the changing ads!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sasporella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sasporella Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 6:21am
post #20 of 56

I have been trying to get on cc for 2 days now. Yesterday i managed to get on for about 3 minutes before everything went to a standstill. This is the first time i have been able to get on and stay on in a few days (7.16am uk time). Every other time it has either not loaded anything or after sitting for 10-15 minutes and still nothing loading i have been giving up. It has gradually been getting worse over a about 1 week but i don't think things have been the same since the change over. I miss you all icon_cry.gif I need my fix icon_lol.gif

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 6:43am
post #21 of 56

I've also been having the same problem here!
Thought it was because of my son is downloading that everything came
to a standstill............but now that I see all this, I take it, its not my p.c. or the downloading.
I was also doing what CarolAnn was doing, going onto the site and doing something else, waiting for the page to load.
Come back after 5min and it has "timed out"!!

Very frustrating!!
Hope they get it sorted out soon.....not getting the daily dose of CC

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 6:48am
post #22 of 56

i though it was my laptop. i couldnt get in the site the whole weekend. i was in withdrawl from CC. lol

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 11:43am
post #23 of 56

The clicks are driving me crazy too! icon_smile.gif

If you're using MSN (or maybe your browser does it too,) there is a little arrow next to the back and forward buttons. If you click on it, it will give you the history of the recent pages, scroll down past the ads and you can get back to the page you were on!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 11:59am
post #24 of 56

Whew, I thought my computer had some sort of virus. Same here, I can't even open the home page on many occasions. Then can't get in to view a picture or a post.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 12:16pm
post #25 of 56

Yeah, I can only get on about every other day. It just doesn't load. I have a broadband connection and a blazin' computer.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:09pm
post #26 of 56

It's been like this for me since last Wednesday or Thursday. I can get on in the morning, but can't get on from about Noon to 10:30 pm. Last night I had to go to bed without getting on at all. icon_cry.gif

It is very annoying, but I'm so addicted. I'm at the point where I wish they would make this a membership and charge so they have enough money to support this website so I can come on whenever needed and get my CC fix icon_lol.gif I've never encountered so much downtime or issues with a site before and trust me, I'm on a lot icon_biggrin.gif

Have a great day! And yes, the clicks drive us crazy too. I ahve to keep my volume on MUTE. icon_lol.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:20pm
post #27 of 56

I just wish we could get a response from Jackie or Heath about this. If it has to be down, so be it, I would just like to know why, and that I'm not the only one having the problem.

kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:26pm
post #28 of 56

i too am having serious problems with the site!! it's so frustrating. what's going on heath and jackie??? well, since i'm on it for a minute i'm going to write down all my saved recipes. i had to make a cake over the weekend and couldn't get on to get the recipe.......that was not fun! well, i hope it's fixed soon because i love this site!

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:28pm
post #29 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendraanne

I've been having loads of trouble too! The worst is when the page keeps refreshing/reloading, I'm guessing it's to refresh the ads, but when it does that most times it just bounces me completely out of CC. I've also learned to never use my "Back" button because it doesn't work on CC anymore. This is the first time that I've been able to view anything on CC since Thursday night! I had to go to one of the other cake forum sites to find the info I needed for a project on Saturday...not fun at all!!

I'm glad to be back on here, if even for a few minutes! I've missed everyone! icon_lol.gif

I just figured out not to use my back button yasterday. I have lots of trouble, I'll go for several days without being able to open anything on cc. On a side note, I have painted and cleaned since I cannot access this site on most days! My husband is happy! icon_lol.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 2:36pm
post #30 of 56

The site has become very annoying to use.. a lot of it is from the ads. Another reason having this be a pay site wouldn't be such a bad idea.. too bad that will never happen. The not being able to log on for days and general slow and choppy flow of the site when it finally does load are making it hard for me to come here.. and that is sad to me. I love this site. There has to be a better format for the ads. They constantly refresh and it screws up everything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%