My Mmf Miracle!

Decorating By Sweet-Dreams Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 4:22am by margery

Sweet-Dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Dreams Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 5

I've seen some posts here or there mentioning adding a little bit a glycerin to MMF to make it smoother. I, being the intelligent person that I can be, chose to ignore these bits of advice. "What? Glycerin? That sounds silly!" icon_confused.gif

After I made my "moon" practice cake, something had to be done icon_surprised.gif . Well... one batch of MMF fondant and a 1/2 tablespoon of glycerin later - I'm free!! Free of the ugly bubbly stupid MMF fondant! Never again!

I know that it's hard to tell in the ballerina picture in my gallery, but that fondant was awesome! Now, I still have a ways to go getting the fondant smooth and flat, but this helped give me a huge push forward. A cake-newbie like me can use any help I can get!

Long story short - if you use MMF, DEFINITELY try adding a little glycerin! thumbs_up.gif

(Here is the fondant of the past: shhh.gif )
LL

4 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:57am
post #2 of 5

Thanks for sharing that tip and your positive experience using it! Your ballerina cake looks fantastic. I can see a bit of an improvement from your photos - not that your half moon photo is bad, but you can see the smoothness has improved a bit in the ballerina photo.

Next time my MMF gives me any problems I will definitely try adding a little glycerin and hopefully will have the same results that you did, too.

bigmama1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigmama1961 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:09am
post #3 of 5

cool i will have to try that, i like your moon. thanks for the advice.

CakesOnly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesOnly Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:12am
post #4 of 5

Will it change the taste of the MMF?

margery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margery Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:22am
post #5 of 5

i think the glycerine also helps hold the color right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%