Cute Chef Hats?

Decorating By springlakecake Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 12:55pm by indydebi

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 11

does anyone wear hats while they bake or decorate? I usually pull my hair back but I constantly worry about my hair getting into the cake. I would be mortified!! We also talked to a health inspector about the possibility of making a commercial home kitchen in our basement. She said I would need to wear a hat or hair net. A hair net just seems too "lunch lady" for me.

So I was searching around for some chef hats and wondering if anyone could recommend a place. I am looking for something not really huge and poufy but maybe not the scull cap type either. Maybe just a medium or small pouf icon_biggrin.gif ! I have to believe there is someone out there with cute fabrics and styles. I would love to find some with cupcakes or something! I wish I could sew better. I would just make my own.

10 replies
mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 11:50am
post #2 of 11

I looked for a cutesie style hat and couldnt find a thing! So I ended up wearing a bandana that I had and it is great! Keeps everything in place. It's funny cuz if I'm doing normal cooking in the kitchen I feel wierd cuz I'm not wearing it! icon_lol.gif
Sorry couldnt be more helpful!

Kim

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 11

Hey thanks, that is a good idea! I actually happened upon some cute stuff on that Etsy site (the handmade stuff site) I think they were considering it more for surgical or chemo, but I think they were awfully cute. Similar to a bandana type of thing with a tie in the back. I might buy one to see. Plus then I am supporting the handmade stuff.

Blazer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blazer Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 9:45am
post #4 of 11

you can try Chef Ware .com, my daughter is a chef and that is were she gets alot of her things. They may have something you like

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 9:51am
post #5 of 11

I have never heard of that site before... Very cool! And I found some bandana style stuff that was very cute!! Thanks for sharing icon_biggrin.gif

Kim

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 10:52am
post #6 of 11

I bought a lot of my culinary garb from www.allheartchefs.com - they have a lot of reasonably priced aprons, jackes, hats, etc.

Although, arguably, there is no such thing as a cute chef hat (the poufy hat thing? really annoying - had to wear them for culinary class - the only saving grace is that since everyone had to wear them, we ALL looked stupid LOL).

Blazer Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 10:58am
post #7 of 11

thanks for the tip on All Heart Chef site, I will pass that on to my daughter, I don't think she has ever heard of that site and maybe she can save some $$$ on her chef clothing.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 11:56am
post #8 of 11

I get chef clothing at www.uniformcity.com It might be uniformcitychefs.com I can't find my catalog.

Blazer Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 12:17pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks! for the web info, I have forwarded the address to my girl, she is just starting out and with the price of the gas just to her job and back any $$ she can save on chef clothing will be a big help to her!!
Thanks again thumbs_up.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 12:31pm
post #10 of 11

Why not just a baseball cap?

Mike

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 12:55pm
post #11 of 11

if you're the only one in the kitchen, what's wrong with hairnets? You're not making a fashion statement. I have them. My 15 year old makes fun of me. I dont' care. (Just wait until I make HER wear one! hahahaha!!!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%