Sweetex And Gum Tragacanth

Decorating By AlanT Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 3:48am by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

AlanT Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 3

We now stock Sweetex in 4 pound and 50 pound containers. If we get enough call for it, we will add an 8 pound buckets as well. Sweetex brand shortening is a hi-ratio cake and icing shortening.

For cakes, Sweetex allows for a higher sugar content which gives you a more tender and moister cake. For icings, it allows you to add more liquid (if you choose) for a softer icing that holds up very will in heat and humidity and does not feel as greasy on the palette.

We have also added gum tragacanth for making gumpaste and Mexican paste. Marion Frost of Patchwork cutters uses Mexican paste for the majority of her work. I have used it as well and find the it is absolutely the best paste to use with her cutters. Alan

2 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 5:11am
post #2 of 3

Thanks, Alan.

I've been thinking of trying Sweetex. I'm not sure exactly when I'll buy it to try it yet, but it's good to know where I can get it now! icon_wink.gif

I'll add it to my wishlist so I won't forget it.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:48am
post #3 of 3

Actually I'd like to order the 4 or 8 lb. size. Any idea when you'll have them in stock? I know the 4lb is currently out of stock and you said you'd wait to see about stocking the 8lb size. So I was wondering what the status was. Thanks in advance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%