Bride Wants Ribbon Around Each Tier...

Decorating By tippyad Updated 30 Mar 2008 , 3:42pm by Angelgirl

tippyad Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 4

and a simple buttercream piped border around the ribbon. Three tiered cake will be covered in BC. Wedding is end of June and reception is outside in KY. The caterer will be bringing cake to the table just prior to the start of reception (7:30PM). Any advice about the type of ribbon I should use? Prep work that I may need to do to the ribbon? I tried to talk her into RBC, but she doesn't want to pay extra...Your thoughts???

3 replies
JenniferMI Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:23am
post #2 of 4

I would do a pearl clay ribbon. I do all my side ribbons in that product. This is a product I developed.

You also could use fondant, but pearl clay is much sturdier. If you would like more info, please e-mail me at: [email protected]

Jen icon_smile.gif

tippyad Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 4

Jen, thanks!

Anyone else have additional tips?

Angelgirl Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 4

I've only used ribbon once on a cake, and I remember reading on here somewhere that people will cut a piece of wax/parchment paper just smaller than the ribbon and attach it (maybe with Royal? I don't remember) to the ribbon. Then the wax/parchment touches the buttercream on the cake and it will not show any signs of grease from the BC. I didn't do this on my cake, and didn't have any problems with the grease. Maybe it depends on what type of ribbon is used, too.

HTH,
Becky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%