Diet Cake? Is There Such A Thing?

Baking By cakelady11215 Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 12:01am by alanahodgson

cakelady11215 Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a bday cake for someone at work and wanted to make something on the light side. He has heart problems, as does another coworker, in addition to high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc. As I'm typing this, I am feeling a little guilty, maybe I should just bring fruit salad...lol So, any yummy "diet" cake recipes?

2 replies
karateka Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 12:17pm
post #2 of 3

No matter what, cake has calories. YOu could make an angel food cake, which has no fat in it, and I've even seen some made with artificial sweetener, like Splenda.

Or you could go just generally more "healthy" and do a whole wheat carrot cake. I have a recipe from a Debbie Brown book that is made with 100% whole wheat flour, and sweetened with maple syrup and honey. Not low cal or fat free, but the whole wheat flour has more fiber and good stuff in it. Plus veggies!

alanahodgson Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:01am
post #3 of 3

You can add a can of diet pop to cake mix in place of all of the other ingredients. People at weight watchers have come up with all kinds of combinations. You're essentially avoiding the oil and eggs calorie/fat wise.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%