A Total Stranger Handed Me My Dreams

Business By MnSnow Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 4:42am by lomikesa

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 20

Have you ever had someone that you have never met hand you your dreams? I just did...

I have been looking for kitchen space and was getting really discouraged and depressed about it. I was thinking I would have to abandon my dreams of caking as a career and business.

One day (a couple days ago) I was IM"ing with FlowerGirlMn relating this to her when she told me about the kitchen she was renting from. I didn't think to much about it, not wanting to get my hopes up. The next day she IM'd me that she had talked with the owner of the facility and I could rent space from there as well.... all I could think was either this is a horrible joke and OMG, OMG, OMG!

I went and met the owner of this beautiful and elegant banquet center. While there I also met FlowerGirlMn. FlowerGirlMn is such a sweet wonderful person (not to mention her Bananas Foster cakes she was working on tasted wonderful) and I will be forever in her debt. The kindness and compassion she showed is above what I would expect.

So now....I HAVE A KITCHEN!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAA!!! I am so excited and so scared too. I hope I don't forget anything that I need to do to complete establishing my business.

A huge THANK YOU to FlowerGirlMn!!!! She totally rocks!

I'm sure I will be bombarding her with questions. Someone please pinch me so I'll know if I'm awake and this is real!

19 replies
sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 20

Good for you I wish you many blessings and success.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 20

I read a quote recently that I believe is appropriate here...

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

FlowergirlMN has lit your candle and now her own continues to shine. What a blessing for you! party.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 20

Exciting!! Congratulations to you.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:20am
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxey2000

I read a quote recently that I believe is appropriate here...

FlowergirlMN has lit your candle and now her own continues to shine. What a blessing for you! party.gif

moxey, that quote made me cry and it's so appropriate!

"Givers Gain" and we gain every time we give.

MnSnow, you now have a responsibility to pay it forward and when you are in a position to give someone a boost up, please remember this wonderful moment and share it with someone else who is on their way up! thumbs_up.gif

I am so excited for you as you begin this new venture in your life!

God Bless MnSnow as she starts this new journey ... and FlowerGirl for shining the light on the path for her! thumbs_up.gif

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:26am
post #6 of 20

Their combined light just shines brighter in the dark.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:47am
post #7 of 20

That's soo neat! I'm real tickled for you!! Yes, you'll have to opportunity before long to do a kindness for someone else in need. And you'll be blessed for it.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:51am
post #8 of 20

A big 'ol CONGRATULATIONS to you! I just love hearing stories of people thinking and doing for others. Makes me believe in humankind again as I reach the end of my faith. That is so cool - all the best - to both of you.

MnSnow Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:30pm
post #9 of 20

Thank you everyone. I realize what a blessing this is and I will definately pass on the candle!

FlowerGirlMn ROCKS!!!

FlowerGirlMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlowerGirlMN Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:39pm
post #10 of 20

*blush*

It's not a problem! I felt kinda bad reading about how you were having such problems finding a place, when I lucked into one so fast. I read those threads (not just you) about people having such a hard time, and it makes me feel guilty - I was fully licensed within 2 weeks of me even thinking "hey, I should do cakes!".

But ya, if you need any questions answered, you know where to im me. The hardest parts (finding a place and getting into a food handler's course) are over now. The exam was pretty easy, so no worries there.

Now all you have to do is arrange with the food inspector to have a look at the kitchen (it just passed for me, so no worries), then send the form he gives you in with the $70 or so reg fee, then you're licensed! He'll have a condition on the report for you to have your food handler's course done within a certain period of time.

When you pass the exam, they send you a certificate and form, you just mail that in with something like $30 to the dept of health and then you have your health license too.

So, meet with the inspector and get ready to have a website and advertise! You could be legal within the next 2 weeks, easily.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:58pm
post #11 of 20

Doing a party dance for both of you here, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! party.gif

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 2:04pm
post #12 of 20

I am so so happppyyyy for you!!!!! What a great opportunity for you. I have been looking for months now. I finally found one but it is 40 minutes away and thats with no traffic so I am not going to be taking that one. I heard back from a small restaurant and he said he wished I called him two weeks earlier, what luck right? I am not going to give up though. I have found my passion and I intend to follow it. I wish you all the best and I know you will make beautiful cakes.
FlowergirlMn- that was such a great thing for you to do! And bananas foster is my all time favorite dessert, never had it in a cake though. I may have to try that. icon_biggrin.gif

amastercreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amastercreation Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 7:22am
post #13 of 20

lucky gal! definitely pay it forward!

much success in your new endeavor! thumbs_up.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:02am
post #14 of 20

How wonderful! I am excited for you and wish you much success.

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 8:47am
post #15 of 20

I wish you both much success. Please let us know what's happening in the next few weeks. Keep those candles lit and perhaps they'll shine the way bright enough for someone else's dreams. God bless you both.

LadyMike icon_smile.gif

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:21am
post #16 of 20

Congratulations! That is wonderful news. Best wishes!

C-Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
C-Lady Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 10:32am
post #17 of 20

I'm sooo happy for you!!! If we are patient and we believe, good things will always come. Best wishes for you and the new business! icon_smile.gif

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:08am
post #18 of 20

Congratulations and best wishes to both of you!!!
Leslie

MnSnow Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 2:57am
post #19 of 20

Thank you everyone for your wishes!

Things are very chaotic right now, as I am sure you can relate to with start up, but moving along wonderfully!

I may be coming down off the cloud soon!

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:42am
post #20 of 20

Congratulations! And don't forget to light that other candle when you get a chance.

Lomikesa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%