Wedding Cupcakes/cake--Help!

Decorating By heycupcake Updated 30 Mar 2008 , 12:32am by Homemade-Goodies

heycupcake Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 4

This is what the bride has requested---
cupcakes iced in buttercream (white) with a pink "V" on the top (made with candy melts) and for the cutting cake - a square cake (white buttercream) with 2 intertwined hearts on each side in black. This will all be set up on 3 stands of diff. height. and of course some on the table.

Sounds ok...i guess---but Im wondering about the pink "v" and the black hearts looking odd.... and what about the square cake with the round cupcakes? shes asking my opinion and i just cannot picture it looking "pretty".

What do you guys think???? Just curious...

3 replies
awolf24 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 4

I think it could look nice but somehow, I think maybe you could convince her to tie in the pink and the black on both the cupcakes and the main cake to cut. I think it is a little strange to have the cake black and white and the cupcakes pink and white.

I think the round cupcakes combined w/ the square cake would be OK.

Maybe the main cake could also have some pink or you could do 1/2 the cupcakes with pink Vs and the other half with black Vs (dark chocolate colored black maybe???).

heycupcake Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 4

yeah---thats what i was thinking too- thanks!

hey--whats cake camp?? =) I live basically in las vegas--curious.

Homemade-Goodies Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:32am
post #4 of 4

Looks awesome!!! Check it out heycupcake:

Please, please go.....I'm in Holland and can't possibly, so I'll need to attend vicariously through you! hehe

Best of luck on the wedding...I'd definitely try to talk the bride into combining both black & pink colors on both the cutting cake and cupcakes. I love the color combo...

Quote by @%username% on %date%