How Do I Get A Nice Cream/ivory Colored Fondant?

Decorating By dellboi2u Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 7:53pm by judyz

dellboi2u Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 6

Just wondering what colors of gel others have used to get a nice cream/ivory colored fondant. I was thinking of using a very small amount of brown color, and was also thinking peach. I thought that peach might give it a pink look though, which I DO NOT WANT. Any help would be nice, any time saved playing around with getting the right color is always nice,lol.

5 replies
Petit-four Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 6

I only have experience with Wilton colors, but hope this helps:

Brown (in small quantities): a wram color, but can look slightly pinkish
Ivory: good ivory color, if you use too much, starts to get gold/yellowish
Peach: a pale pink tone

awolf24 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 6

I know that Americolor does have an "ivory" gel color that you can use.

I've found that if I make a batch of BC using a mix of 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening and also adding a healthy dose of vanilla (couple of teasopoons), I get a nice ivory color without having to add any gel color.

yh9080 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 6

I use brown vanilla. And it's especially helpful when making large quantities of ivory icing.

tracey1970 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 6

If you are not interested in making your own, Satin Ice makes an ivory fondant which would save you the trouble.

judyz Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 6

Good afternoon! Just wanted to share with you my ivory fondant debacle. I ruined a large box of Wilton Fondant by adding brown coloring. It turned a copper color instead of the needed ivory. Wilton does make an ivory paste. (I am assuming you are using ready-made fondant).

The absolute BEST ready-made fondant I've found to date is Satin Ice. I buy it from a local food wholesaler in 20 lb. buckets. It's pliable and rolls out nicely, and best of all, it tastes GREAT!! Takes color like a charm and actually comes in white, ivory, hot pink, etc.

If you use alot of fondant, I would encourage you to check it out.

Hope this helps you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%