Construction Theme For Ceo 80Th Bday

Decorating By MissyTex Updated 13 Apr 2008 , 3:34am by Happybug98

MissyTex Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 4

The Big Cheese at my office is turning 80. Iâve done his BD cake for the past 5 years (including a Big Cheese), but I want this one to be really special. He is CEO of one of the largest highway construction companies in the country, he started the business over 50 years ago. Over the past few years he has been awarded several high accolades from the industry and Texas A & M University, his alma mater. He and his wife contribute to A & M and a lot of other philanthropic causes. He is a workaholic! He arrives at the office before 6:30 AM, works until 6, works Saturdays, etc. Work is his life. Even at his age he is still going strong!

ANYWAY, I would appreciate any ideas for this cake! I donât know how big to make it yet because I donât know what the office is going to do to celebrate. I donât know if it will just be for the 18 of us at the office or for a bigger crowd. I know somehow I want to incorporate A & M, our company logo (orange and black WB), highway construction (maybe edible images of some of our projects), and his airplane. We do large projects, bridges and interchanges. We have done/are doing several high profile projects in Texas. I would love to do a model, but I just donât think I could pull it off. Please brainstorm with me. All ideas are welcome! Thanks!

3 replies
weederberries Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 2:21pm
post #2 of 4

No parties!! Tell him to get to work finishing construction on SH121 in The Colony!

(Just teasing of course), when you mentioned high-profile in TX I immediately thought of the huge project near me that needed to be finished 10 years ago, but is on the track to be completed 10 years from now. icon_smile.gif

What if you did a tiered cake like the progression of his life? Maroon and white on the bottom, orange and black in the middle, then a sky blue top tier with cranes etc. Then put a big #80 on top.

If it turns out that it will only be the 18 of you, just do false layers for the top two tiers.

MissyTex Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the suggestions, I was thinking about doing something with the maroon and white and the A & M logo. I'm really racking my brain to think of something really spectacular like a model of a bridge, but something that I can also be confident that I could pull off, and I'm not confident with that. I guess I could try it and have a Plan B cake in the freezer just in case. Plan B is a hexagon with edible images on the sides and toys on the top.

Any other ideas? Oh, cake is to serve 50. I appreciate your help!

Happybug98 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:34am
post #4 of 4

This is not my cake but I immediately thought of it when I read your post.

I think it would be so neat to incorporate all of his work accomplishments similar to how it was done on this cake. You could make the top of the cake the logo for company with his age in front of it or something like that. Good Luck!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%