Opps! Can It Be Saved?

Baking By JenWith Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 7:46pm by MichelleM77

JenWith Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 4

Or am I trashing the cookie dough? I'm testing out a new chocolate chip cookie recipe and I added 3 eggs instead of 2! icon_mad.gif I was reading the recipe too fast.

I'm going to bake the dough anyway. Just wanted to know if it's still going to be edible?? Or am I wasting my time and should just toss the dough and start all over???

3 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 4

Why throw it without giving it a try? In cakes and brownies, an extra egg will change the texture...don't know about cookies. But definitely bake some up to see how they turn out. After all, the first chocolate chip cookie that was made was a mistake.

JenWith Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Gemini! I actually did bake 5 of the cookies up (and I'm now baking more!). They are a little flatter than they probably should be be they are oooo sooooooo good!!

I don't know if I'll make the same "mistake" the next time I make these cookies. I have to see how 2 eggs come out. But I think I found my new chocolate chip cookie recipe!

Chewy and FLAT! Just the way I like 'em! icon_wink.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 4

Next time just add half of your recipe to the mix, minus the egg of course since you already added that. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%