What Else Does This Need? Help Requested!

Decorating By karateka Updated 30 Mar 2008 , 12:51am by Iheartcake

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 15

This is my moon cake. The stakes coming out of the top are for holding my big ol' astronaut. The board is covered in fondant and studded with "stars" (silver dragees)

Do you think I need to add a ribbon around the edge of the board, or since it's a silver board it looks fine the way it is? I don't want to pipe and edge around it, but I suppose I could if all of you think I should.
LL

14 replies
cupcakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakers Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 15

This is just my opinion I think maybe some blue like the sky even maybe cover the board in marbled fondant of blue for some contrast.Looks Good! thumbs_up.gif

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 15

I think it looks cool like it is. I can't wait to see it finished with the astronaut on it!

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 15

I say leave it. The astronaut will be the focal point and the moon with stars looks like the perfect backdrop for him. The silver board blends right in with the dragees, which blends in with the moon.

P.S. I saw your cookies for this.. can't wait to see the whole thing! It's going to look awesome.

confectioneista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectioneista Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 15

I think it looks fine. Love to see your astronaut on it! icon_smile.gif

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 15

perfecto!!!! looks great!!!!!!!!

messyeater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messyeater Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 15

LEAVE IT ALONE!!! It looks great! I always need to be told when it's time to step away icon_smile.gif

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 4:45pm
post #8 of 15

I think it looks great. I'm excited to see it all together...with the astronaut and cookies.

lordbuffington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lordbuffington Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 4:46pm
post #9 of 15

This looks SO CUTE!!

Maybe a space ship (the little landing vehicles?) I don't know what they're called - or a little US flag? I mean, I think it looks perfect as-is but if you wanted to add more, you could do something like that?

Can't wait to see the astronaut!

Andrea

karateka Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 4:47pm
post #10 of 15

Yay! I'll leave it alone. That means I'm finished!

Now all I have to do is print up paperwork and deliver/assemble the thing.

Can you believe the restaurant wants me to park at a garage 2 blocks away to deliver this thing? Or else "find" metered parking on the next street? How rude. Remind me not to eat there.

jadak Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:43pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

Yay! I'll leave it alone. That means I'm finished!

Now all I have to do is print up paperwork and deliver/assemble the thing.

Can you believe the restaurant wants me to park at a garage 2 blocks away to deliver this thing? Or else "find" metered parking on the next street? How rude. Remind me not to eat there.

icon_eek.gif That does seem rude, especially when you're there to deliver a cake (not always the easist thing to carry 2 blocks.) I hope it isn't raining when you have to deliver it. I live near you. I wish I knew what restaurant you were going to so I could ban them too...in your honor. icon_biggrin.gif

karateka Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 12:10pm
post #12 of 15

icon_lol.gif

It's Nada, on Walnut in downtown Cincy. icon_lol.gif

Shame, too, because their website makes them look like a nice restaurant!

At least I got my Dad to pick up my DD so my DH can drive me. We're going to pull up right in front of the joint and unload. If they don't like it....too bad! DH can always drive around the block if a cop shows up.

jadak Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 2:23pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

icon_lol.gif

It's Nada, on Walnut in downtown Cincy. icon_lol.gif

Shame, too, because their website makes them look like a nice restaurant!

At least I got my Dad to pick up my DD so my DH can drive me. We're going to pull up right in front of the joint and unload. If they don't like it....too bad! DH can always drive around the block if a cop shows up.

Good plan! That's exactly what I would do in your position.

So this sounds like this lady is having a big party for her DH! It is so awesome that you got this order. I am so excited to see your cake and cookies all set up. Please post pics. asap.

karateka Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:46am
post #14 of 15

Here it is!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1204381

I've already gotten an email from the client and she LOVED it!

Copy of email below:

The cake was fantastic! Thanks so much. Kevin was quite impressed (as were all the guests). His PhD dissertation was on the spacesuit and he was very impressed with the level of (accurate!) detail on the astronaut. The cake was delicious as well. The cookies were also adorable! Really great.

Thanks so much,

I'm just in 7th heaven!

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:51am
post #15 of 15

WOW!! I can see why they were so impressed.. that turned out wonderfully! Congratulations on a such a great cake thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%