Where To Start With A Dirt Track Racing Cake? Help!

Decorating By Edibleart Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 3:42pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

Edibleart Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 2

I am just stumped at how to make a dirt track cake. The recipient is into sprint car racing so the customer asked for a dirt track. I'm planning on doing an oval cake with a carved out center so the track is slanted but I don't know where to go from there and also what to use on the track to look like hard packed "dirt". The stadiums are usually only on one side so I can't really do the whole stadium thing and the pits are not usually in the center of the track but on one side outside the track. I just can't picture anything real attractive and yet slightly realistic!

Any and all help would be appreciated!!!

1 reply
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 2

I would say for the dirt track your best bet is to used crushed cookies. You can also add brown sugar if you need to 'adjust' the color a bit. For sand, many people use vanilla wafer cookies. If you wanted to mix those with some crushed oreos, that might work, don't know what color you're going for.

As for the rest of the cake, did you try doing a search on CC or Google for racing cakes? Since I've never done one, and I'm not familiar with the sport, I really can't help with that aspect.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%