Do You Accept Paypal?

Decorating By mom42ws Updated 29 Mar 2008 , 1:46pm by AuntAndrea

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 6

just wondering if anyone accepts paypal payments. if someone orders a cake from you and you send them an invoice through paypal, do you bill them at the time they place their order or when the cake is delivered or picked up? when do you expect payment?

5 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 6

Yes, I accept PayPal (otherwise I couldn't accept credit cards). I need payment before I bake, so I invoice at the time the order is placed. Otherwise, you are handing over a cake/cookies and hoping they pay.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

Yes, I accept PayPal (otherwise I couldn't accept credit cards). I need payment before I bake, so I invoice at the time the order is placed. Otherwise, you are handing over a cake/cookies and hoping they pay.

I do the same! I couldn't afford the rental fees for the credit card machine if I had one in my home, so Paypal is the next best thing. I know there are people out there that won't use it, but I have never had problems with it.

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 6

great! i'm just now beginning to use this and just wondered how everyone else did it. usually i sell to friends so they just pay me whenever.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 6

I use it also. I state on my ordering page that payment in full is due before their cake is created. I've been using PP for about 4 years now and have never had any problems with it.

AuntAndrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntAndrea Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 6

Mom, I've been using Paypal for a few years now to accept credit card payments, and I just LOVE it! icon_biggrin.gif So do the folks who pay me -- I sell a lot to people in my office for at-work events, and they need to be able to use their corporate credit cards to pay me so they can get reimbursed. Paypal has made it possible for me to work with those folks. I think it's terrific!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

...Andrea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%