There's A Hole In The Middle Of The Cake!!!! Help

Decorating By paintinggrams Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 3:40pm by tiptop57

paintinggrams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paintinggrams Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 6

Although this cake looks good from the outside when we cut it at Easter there was a hole in the middle and the cake was not thouroughly cooked.
Any suggestions of what might have gone wrong. I have a Garfield 3D pan that I would like to use for my Granddaughter's 9th Birthday and would like to correct this before making her Birthday cake. Both these pans are old Retired Wilton pans. Thanks Lynda
LL

5 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 6

Did you use the heating core?

paintinggrams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paintinggrams Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 6

No I did not. I guess the old pans don't reflect on the heating core. I don't have one nor know how it is used. Any help along that route that you can give I would greatly appreciate. Lynda

tiptop57 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 6

They sell plan old heating cores at Michaels. Just get one and treat with baking spray and insert. Make sure you can pull it out of the cake after baking. What I would use is my wonder mold bar that would be long enough I think. It might tilt but big deal.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 6

I use flower nails for heating cores. They work just as well as Wilton's and much cheaper. Just spray it and stick it in upside down before pouring the cake in.

tiptop57 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

Unfortunately, I have had issues with flower nails rusting after baking so I do not recommend that way anymore.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%