Ordered My Building Yesterday.....

Business By christielee Updated 4 Apr 2008 , 8:26pm by christielee

christielee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christielee Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 13

But I need pics of the inside of some bakeries so I can decide how I want to build and set up the inside! I know I've seen threads on here before, where people posted their new bakeries, but I can't seem to find them, so if anyone could help, I sure would appreciate it! I'm super excited and can't wait to get started!

christie

12 replies
Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 13

There was a great thread going around of pics of everyones bakery. Not sure if it got lost in the crash.

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:33pm
post #3 of 13

What sort of building did you order? I've even toyed with the idea of setting up a bake shop in a single-wide trailer since you have to have a seperate building in OK to be legal.

Mothersuperior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mothersuperior Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 13

Well, Iâm sure more than one of the wonderful people on this site will be able to help you find those photos and ideas, in the meantime, Congratulations on ordering your building and getting a step closer a your dream.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mencked

What sort of building did you order? I've even toyed with the idea of setting up a bake shop in a single-wide trailer since you have to have a seperate building in OK to be legal.

Have you tried doing a Google search for 'mobile kitchens'? There are companies out there that have what I think you might be looking for. As for cost, I don't have the heart to look at them so I couldn't tell you. But this might be the answer for you, Mencked.

christielee Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks so much, guys! I ordered a portable building that I will put behind my house. Does anyone else know what that bakery thread was?? In the meantime, I'll go check out google.

thanks,
christie

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 13

May I ask where you ordered from and the cost?

TIA (Thanks in advance.)

christielee Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 13

I ordered from a place called Roberts portable buildings in Louisiana. I ordered an unfinished 16x24 and it was $5500, I think, and then we'll have to finish the inside and add electricity, plumbing, etc. HTH,

christie

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks for sharing that info! icon_wink.gif

Crazy-4-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:05pm
post #10 of 13

I remember the post you are asking for but I can't find it but I did save one post because of her good advise. It was posted by ressycakes and the name was "photos of my legal home kitchen". Sorry I haven't learned how to put this is as a link. I'll keep searching to find the other one. Good Luck with your new kitchen -- I'm JEALOUS!!

Crazy-4-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:30pm
post #11 of 13

Found it!! "show off your kitchen". OP was by 'letmebeyourdesignr' on Oct 8 2007. Hope this helps.

bmcd17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmcd17 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:33pm
post #12 of 13

I just read this thread and this person gives a few pictures after being inspected and given the go ahead.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-581488.html

christielee Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:26pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. They delivered it today, so yipppeeee!!!

christie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%