Can I Make Gp Flowers In Advance And Store Them?

Decorating By yummymummy Updated 29 Mar 2008 , 3:57pm by JenniferMI

yummymummy Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 5

I was just wondering, does anyone make their flowers and store them away for future use, even if they don't have a particular cake ordered for them? I was thinking of making some basic roses and maybe a few other types of flowers in white, and just storing them for later use. all I would have to do is brush them w/ some color or dust and my work would be done.
Is this okay, and if so, how would you recommend storing them?
Thanks! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
tiptop57 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 5

Yes you can store them for a long time. I have flowers over several years old. Put them into a foam lined box and keep out of sun and direct heat.

awolf24 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 5

You can, definitely if you are keeping them white. I learned the very hard way that they will completely fade if kept out in the light, especially in direct sunlight. icon_smile.gif Make sure you store them covered (opaque box or line clear storage containers with paper towel or foil) if you are coloring the gumpaste at all.

yummymummy Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 5

Oh Great! I have a cake to do for a 50th anniversary and I proposed a design that involved making 60-70 gp roses, but she hasn't gotten back to me w/ approval yet. so I wanted to make them anyway, and if she decides to go w/ something else, I can save them for another project. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks!!! thumbs_up.gif

JenniferMI Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 3:57pm
post #5 of 5

YES! Keep them in cardboard boxes.... It's always a good thing when we have things made up ahead icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%