Omg! My Weight Is Out Of Control

Lounge By adonisthegreek1 Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 9:50am by susies1955

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 12 May 2008 , 7:36am
post #121 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonisthegreek1

Hello Ladies, Wow it seems like it's been forever since I've been on CC. I am still waiting for the claim to be processed so I can get a new computer. Not having access to a computer is horrible so I probably won't be on again for a while after this posting.

My weight has been up and down, but I am actually still down the initial 3.5 pounds. I'm still in the challenge though!

Yesterday, I ate so much junk it was ridiculous. It was not of my choosing. I was at the hospital all day with my niece and the cafeteria was closed, only the snack bar was open. My niece is 6.5 months pregnant, has toxemia and was admitted to the hospital on Friday. They are planning to do an emergency C-section today to deliver the baby. If they don't my niece could have a stroke or the baby could die. They think the baby will weigh about 1.5 lbs, but that she will have a good chance of surviving. Please keep my niece and the baby in your prayers. Thanks so much.

I was just going thru this whole thread and was hoping to join if you all have another challenge when I read about your niece and her baby. My prayers are with you all and I hope they are both doing well.

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 12 May 2008 , 9:13am
post #122 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I ran 8 miles last night and plan to do the same today, so maybe I'll be down when I weigh in tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Happy Mothers Day!
Michelle

Wow, I've never ran 8 miles.
So what is your weigh in today?
Susie

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 12 May 2008 , 12:38pm
post #123 of 178

xstitcher, thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes for my niece and the baby. I was at the hospital most of the day yesterday. My niece is doing well. The baby weighed 1-3/4 pounds, but lost 1/4 pound. She is on oxygen and a feeding tube. It's so hard to see such a tiny baby hooked up to so many IVs and monitors. They do expect the baby to be able to go home in 2-3 months, so her prognosis is good.

I am spending less time at the hospital and eating better. I look forward to a good weigh in on Friday. I've lost 4 pounds total and an working vigorously on the other 6. I will be 10 pounds lighter by June 1!

My new computer should arrive this week, so I'll be back on CC regularly very soon.

susies1955 Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:21pm
post #124 of 178

Adonis,
Hoping the best for that little baby.
Hope your weigh in Fri. is a good one.
I've got 4 more pounds to go as I was down another pound today.
Glad to hear you are due to get your new computer,
Susie

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:41pm
post #125 of 178

Ugh. No loss at all for me! It's better than a gain, I suppose..... Those last few pounds are the hardest! I'm at 125, exactly where I started (I think) when this thread began.

Adonis-sorry to hear about the baby. I'm sure it will be fine. My neighbor had triplets that were 12 weeks premature, were all one-pounders, now they are 2 and no problems at all. It's amazing that they can actually keep a baby that small alive, it's a miracle.

susies1955 Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:02pm
post #126 of 178
Quote:

Ugh. No loss at all for me! It's better than a gain, I suppose..... Those last few pounds are the hardest! I'm at 125, exactly where I started (I think) when this thread began.

Michelle,
I had a week with no loss and no gain too.
Hope the scales move for you soon.
Susie

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:14am
post #127 of 178

Hi adonisthegreek1,

I'm glad to hear your niece is doing well and I'll make sure to keep the baby in my prayers. Keep me posted.

Glad everyone else is doing great with their weight loss!

susies1955 Posted 18 May 2008 , 8:49am
post #128 of 178

Today is my weigh in day. I stayed the same. I had been down another pound during the week but it didn't show this morning.
GOSH, I have five pounds to get off in just 2 weeks to meet my own challenge. Is anyone eating more than they are burning??????? LOL!!!
I'm going to keep at it.
Susie

adonisthegreek1 Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:52pm
post #129 of 178

Tomorrow is actually my weigh in day, but today I am only down 1/2 pound since my last weigh in. I was hoping for more, but I have noticed that my that my jeans are getting loose. That's good at least. I have 5.5 pounds to lose by June 1 and I am going on a 4 day vacation. That's not good.

Finally got my new computer, a custom built 24" iMac. I'm loving it.

Amanda518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda518 Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:04am
post #130 of 178

Well the weight thing is crazy I am so over weight right now I cant stand it and it is so hard being a stay at home mom, I feel like I do so much but at the same time I am not losing any weight. I gain a ton of weight when I am pregnant this last one I gained 100 pounds I went from 130 to 230 the day I had him I now weigh 185 and it feels like I am so unhealthy right now. I want so badly to be back to my weight before getting pregnant but its taking a really really long time.. Its been a year since i had him.. Ugh i wish it was gone already..

Good luck to everyone that is trying to lose weight. thumbs_up.gif

susies1955 Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:41am
post #131 of 178

Adonis,
The weight is coming off the slowest ever for me BUT I will not give up. I apparently must be eating to maintain most of the time and don't know it. We have THREE eat outs this weekend. OH NO!
I have four pounds to lose by June 1st and we will both do what we can ok? icon_smile.gif
Glad to hear you have your new computer now and that you are loving it.
Susie

susies1955 Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:46am
post #132 of 178

Hi Amanda,
I can't imagine the frustration you are under. The most ever I was over my ideal weight is 17 pounds.
Don't give up. Don't think about yesterday or tomorrow but just today and do your best one step at a time and this time next year the weight will be gone. Make each eating and exercise period a conscious/thoughtful one.
Have you ever tried a pedometer to see how much you are moving? They recommend 10,000 steps each day as a minimum.
Susie

adonisthegreek1 Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:18pm
post #133 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by susies1955

Adonis,
The weight is coming off the slowest ever for me BUT I will not give up. ...
Susie

No, I'm not giving up either. I think I did so poorly because of my niece in the hospital and eating all of the junk food while I was at the hospital with her and the baby. They are both doing fairly well. The baby is still on oxygen and a feeding tube, but that is expected with preemies.

Amanda, just keep trying. I gained major weight during pregnancies that I am still struggling with. We all want to jump in and lose 3 or 4 pounds a week. My husband, the fitness and exercise guru, says that it is better to lose weight slowly (even a pound a week) because we actually adopt better eating habits long term and keep the weight off.

I have heard experts say that the faster we lose weight the more prone we are to gain it back. That is probably true. I have lost 24 pounds twice within an eight week span and here I am now needing to lose 40 pounds. I went on crash diets and just could not maintain it. I will keep trying until I reach my goal.

susies1955 Posted 23 May 2008 , 12:26pm
post #134 of 178

Adonis,
Yes, one pound a week is good. When June 1st gets here it will be 9 weeks since we started so that is very close to the 1 pound a week. icon_smile.gif
The June 1st deadline was/is a good goal but like you said........we will all keep trying. If not June 1st, July 1st. icon_smile.gif
I hope the baby continues to improve.
Susie

susies1955 Posted 25 May 2008 , 6:18pm
post #135 of 178

Today is my weight in day. UP A POUND. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!
Looks like I may need July to get the 10 off.
Whatever!!!!!!!!!
thumbs_up.gif
Susie

michellenj Posted 27 May 2008 , 9:50pm
post #136 of 178

How about we start the challenge over and say July 4? I am exactly where I started. tapedshut.gif

Sorry I've been MIA. My laptop broke and it took forever for the part to get here from Hong Kong.

susies1955 Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:20am
post #137 of 178

July 4th sounds good to me. OUR INDEPENDENCE FROM THIS TEN EXTRA POUNDS. icon_smile.gif
Susie

adonisthegreek1 Posted 30 May 2008 , 2:47am
post #138 of 178

Yes, I will definitely need to try again too. I just got back from vacation and my jeans that were getting loose are now tighter. The whole time on vacation, my husband did not have any dessert or candy and there was a chocolatier right in the hotel! I told you he's a health nut. Gee, I lived at that place. I had to sample the competition. I want to be a chocolatier some day.

July 4 sounds good for my new goal. Good luck to all of us!

susies1955 Posted 30 May 2008 , 9:01am
post #139 of 178

Well according to my scales this morning I have just 3 more to go to lose the ten and two more after that to reach goal. icon_smile.gif I don't think I want to try to lose that by June 1st though. LOL!
We are going on a vacation Thursday for three days so I hope I can be good while gone. icon_smile.gif
Susie

susies1955 Posted 1 Jun 2008 , 7:59pm
post #140 of 178

Well girls today is June 1st the date of the ORIGINAL challenge date. I'm down 7 pounds. Not bad I guess. LOL!
Going on vacation for almost a week on Thurs so I will try to be careful but..................

Hope to be down the whole 12 to goal weight by the last of July. icon_smile.gif
Susie

michellenj Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 2:25am
post #141 of 178

Oh my gosh-I HAVE GAINED!!!!

susies1955 Posted 3 Jun 2008 , 10:21am
post #142 of 178
Quote:

Oh my gosh-I HAVE GAINED!!!!

Don't quit! What's the alternative? Keep on keeping on.

michellenj Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 4:22pm
post #143 of 178

Okay, I'm back on track. I have got to stop snacking so much. My meals are the right size and foods, but then I pick pick, pick!

susies1955 Posted 4 Jun 2008 , 8:10pm
post #144 of 178

Good to hear that you are back on track.
We leave tomorrow morning for that Harley trip. Catch you all in five days or so.
icon_smile.gif
Susie

susies1955 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:52am
post #145 of 178

Back from our trip. I'm 4 pounds up. OH NO! LOL! It was worth it. AWESOME food.
Oh well. Now I'm only down a total of 3.
How are all of you doing?
Susie

susies1955 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 9:39am
post #146 of 178

This is my weigh in day.
I'm down 1 pound since return back from vacation. I'm down only five from original. I still have five to go to beat the challenge.
Oh well!
Susie

michellenj Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 6:58pm
post #147 of 178

I weigh in tomorrow, so I'll let you know. I am pretty sure that I'm about the same.

susies1955 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 10:02pm
post #148 of 178

Yes, let us know. icon_smile.gif

michellenj Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 1:22am
post #149 of 178

Still hanging at 126. icon_cry.gif At least it's not a gain! Last night I ran 8 miles and today I did the elliptical machine for an hour and lifted weights, so at least I know that I am burning some calories.

susies1955 Posted 17 Jun 2008 , 10:50am
post #150 of 178

Wow, you sure are burning calories. icon_smile.gif I need to get out and walk.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%