Omg! My Weight Is Out Of Control

Lounge By adonisthegreek1 Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 9:50am by susies1955

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:04pm
post #61 of 178

Feels good doesn't it?
We were born with this FREE WILL stuff! We just use it to talk and act negatively most of the time and we wonder why we get more of the same into our lives.

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:08pm
post #62 of 178

It feels great! I had to call my doctor for my to see what my weight was the other day so I know what my 10 lb goal is. I'm at 169 now icon_razz.gif so 159 here I come! thumbs_up.gif

susies1955 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:27pm
post #63 of 178

Awesome! I know you will get there. icon_smile.gif
Susie

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 1:16pm
post #64 of 178

Hi ladies,
My weight is still the same. Grrrr. I plan to run another 6-8 miles tonight, then a longer one on Sunday, so MAYBE on Monday I'll be down something at least. I'd be happy with on stinkin' pound. icon_lol.gif

Yummymummy-my belly is totally messed up after having kids, and I don't think losing weight is helping it any. It looks wrinkly and "hangy" now. My abs used to be something is was so proud of icon_cry.gif but at least my butt and legs are in good shape from all the running. icon_rolleyes.gif I think I need either a boob job to make the tummy look smaller, or a tummy tuck, or better yet-both! icon_razz.gif I'm doing Weight Watchers. Were you on Core or Flex?

Have a great Friday!

yummymummy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 1:44pm
post #65 of 178

Yup, my tummy looks the same. Especially after I had my twins 7 years ago....there's just no coming back from that! icon_razz.gif I had my 5th child 6 months ago and I certainly can't afford a tummy tuck. But it's my dream...you know, when publisher's clearing house comes a knocking! icon_rolleyes.gif

I did the flex plan. It worked great, but I found that cooking for the family was really difficult. I tried trimming down some of my regular recipes, but it wouldn't really change the point value much...so all that extra effort to purchase special ingredients just wasn't worth it to me.

I also did Atkins about 4 years ago. The weight melted off on that plan! I lost 50 lbs w/ that. I got down to 150 and felt great! But then I got pregnant w/ my 4th child and anything low carb made me puke! I love carbs! So I've gained about 20 lbs of that back and seem to just stay there. I would love to lose it though!

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 5:59pm
post #66 of 178

Hello Ladies, I'm still sick with the sinus infection and now bronchitis. I am on 2 medications and I swear one makes me so sleepy and the other makes me so hungry...not to mention that it's loaded with sugar. I have not been able to do any exercising, because it feels like my head is about to explode so I am only down 1/2 pound this week. I am really anxious to get back on track for next Friday's weigh in.

Like Susie, I just do portion control not a particular diet. I tried a couple of diet plans in the past and did lose 24 pounds. I eventually gained it back, because I got sick of their gross foods or limited menus.

I don't find it hard to cook for my family, because my husband is a health nut and makes sure that the family eats the same. My downfall was always desserts and kid's candy. Oh, how I love Halloween!

Last week, before I got sick, I lost 3 pounds just with portion control and no added sugars. I buy organic bread. For some reason grocery store bread tends to be loaded with high fructose corn syrup. I could not believe it when I read the label. Here's to all of us having a better week next week!

susies1955 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 6:01pm
post #67 of 178

Adonis,
I hope you get to doing better.
I can't imagine being married to a health nut. icon_smile.gif
My husband will eat anything.
Susie

yummymummy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 6:06pm
post #68 of 178

Adonis: 1/2 lb down is better than 1/2 up! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I had a major sinus thing after I had my baby and I swear I couldn't breath through my nose for 4 months!
My hubby eats anything too! His family is really big on deserts. Before I got married, desert was a treat and if we had ice cream in the house, half the time it got freezer burn and was thrown away! Now that I'm married, the "Frechette" trait has grown on me and we have desert every night. I still only have a tiny cup of ice cream though...and I buy the low sugar and low fat kind. My hubby is an ice cream snob and only wants the best though! icon_rolleyes.gif

michellenj Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 7:56pm
post #69 of 178

My husband is a freak of nature. I swear, he can skip lunch a few days and he loses 15#. It is very frustrating!

I don't find WW on the flex plan to be hard to follow at all. I cook regular meals for the fam, and first I eat a big salad with balsamic vinegar, then a serving of broccoli w/ butter spray, then I am fairly full and have a small portion of whatever they have. My dinners are usually fairly healthy, anyway.

That being said, add me to the list of carbaholics! I loooove anything with carbs. I'll tell myself "just a bite" and before you know it, I've scarfed half of it down.

yummymummy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 8:18pm
post #70 of 178

That's me, a total carb addict!

We love salad...it always tastes better when my hubby makes it though! icon_wink.gif My favorite breakfast on the flex plan was oatmeal...not the quick cooking kind...made w/ water and about a 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 2 packets of splenda and a splash of vanilla. 4 points! It filled me up until lunch. thumbs_up.gif I still love it!

michellenj Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 2:21am
post #71 of 178

I eat a LOT of oatmeal, the real stuff, too. I'll have to throw some cinnamon and vanill in there, haven't tried that. Thomas' makes a whole wheat square mini-bagel that is good and fills you up. It has 4 grams of fiber, and keeps you full for a while. Add a Boca Burger to it, mustard/ketchup/pickles/lettuce (zero points) and you'll be full for a while.

Usually, I buy the Smartpop popcor for snacks, but I saw this Buttery salt and cracked pepper kind so I bought it. 10 grams of fat in a little bag! They went right to dh.

susies1955 Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 7:31am
post #72 of 178

Today is my weigh in day. I didn't lose anything. I'll be more careful and walk a little more. I only walked I think two or three times during the week.
icon_smile.gif
Susie
132/130/120

yummymummy Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 10:35am
post #73 of 178

Love the smart pop kettle corn!

Sorry you didn't lose anything. I haven't weighed myself yet...my scale is really off. I'm not due to weigh in until Wed anyway.

ON another note I had a fiasco w/ my computer this weekend. I ended up w/ a whole bunch of spyware and virusus on it! I was flipppin out! So guess where our tax return $ went? Yup, a new computer! I'm not thrilled about it since I had other plans for that $, but at least I'm safe now. Gotta love Norton! thumbs_up.gif

susies1955 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 10:47am
post #74 of 178

I've had tons of virus's and spy ware but my husband always seems to get it all off.
Hope you love your new computer.
I haven't been walking. Gotta get back to it. SO COLD HERE.
Susie

yummymummy Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 11:46am
post #75 of 178

yeah, we looked into getting it fixed, but for $100 more, we could get a new computer icon_confused.gif ...it's a no brainer! We're keeping the other one for non internet use for the kids.

I haven't been wlaking either...just parking further away and taking the stairs. Whatever I can squeeze in! Well, I gotta get ready for the day. I'm beyond busy! icon_razz.gif

michellenj Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 1:23pm
post #76 of 178

Morning, ladies!

I just weighed in, and I'm up 1.5#. icon_cry.gif It has to be water weight, icon_cry.gif I bought some water pills yesterday b/c I felt puffy, my hands are swollen and I can't get my rings on without killing my fingers. Oh well. I'll try to be more diligent about exercising this week. I earned 25 darn Activity Points last week, you would think that would help.....

I've added 100 crunches to my daily routine now. We'll see if I can shape it up without surgery. icon_lol.gif

I hope you all have a skinny week!

Susie-It's cold here in PA, too. We had one warm day, then back to cold.

Michelle

susies1955 Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 3:06pm
post #77 of 178

I hope we all get to doing better VERY soon. icon_smile.gif
Susie

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 14 Apr 2008 , 8:19pm
post #78 of 178

Thread hi-jack!

yummymummy - where in the NE corner of CT are you? I'm in the same corner as you are - or at least in the generel area! I hope you don't mind me asking...

yummymummy Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 10:53am
post #79 of 178

I'm in Thompson, CT. Wow, it would be nice to have someone close by! icon_smile.gif

JenWith Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 4:43pm
post #80 of 178

Opps! I must have mis-read your post. I'm on the other side of the state in a very small, rural town named Scotland. In between Norwich and Willimantic.

yummymummy Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 5:01pm
post #81 of 178

Oh, that's okay! icon_smile.gif

JenWith Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:09pm
post #82 of 178

Hi YummyMummy-
I'm truly an idiot! When you said you were from "Thompson", I read "Thomston", which IS on the other side of the state! We're both in the general area of each other, you're just way up in the corner.

**shaking head sadly**... need to brush up on my CT geography!

yummymummy Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 1:46pm
post #83 of 178

LOL! You and I are in the same boat! My geography is the pits!

Well, I can't exactly say how I've done this week. I've been trying to make better choices, but I've also slipped a few times. icon_redface.gif I have been a bit more active...going for a walk today since it's gonna get to 65! Woo HOO!

susies1955 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 9:14pm
post #84 of 178

I got out for a walk today but even at 60° and real windy it was still cool.
Glad to hear you are going out for a walk. icon_smile.gif
Susie

michellenj Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:37pm
post #85 of 178

I lost the 1.5 # that I thought was water weight, and another pound. Woo hoo! I treated myself with a new pair of jeans. I think that between the duiretic, running, and the oatmeal I've been eating, I got myself jumpstarted again. THANK GOODNESS. Now I just have to forget about the choc. chips in the pantry. icon_rolleyes.gif

susies1955 Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 10:51pm
post #86 of 178

You're doing great. icon_smile.gif
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I have TWO bags in the pantry. LOL!
Susie

yummymummy Posted 16 Apr 2008 , 11:11pm
post #87 of 178

Dito on the choc chips!!! Mine are in the fridge though! icon_wink.gif

yummymummy Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 12:49pm
post #88 of 178

AAGHHHGH!!! I'm completely disgusted! It's gonna be about 75 today and so I went inot my closet to dig out some summer clothes. well, last summer I was pregnant, so I couldn't wear any of that. And apparently the summer before I was thinner cause the capri pants I tried on this morning are tight! icon_cry.gif I can zip them, but they don't look nice. I'm fed up....and motivated! I have a dr appointment today, hopefully I haven't gained. thumbsdown.gif

susies1955 Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:21pm
post #89 of 178

Hope your motivation 'sticks'. Keep on keeping on.
Susie

michellenj Posted 17 Apr 2008 , 4:22pm
post #90 of 178

I always tell myself that I must have shrunk my pants in the dryer, LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%