Omg! My Weight Is Out Of Control

Lounge By adonisthegreek1 Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 9:50am by susies1955

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 7:36pm
post #31 of 178

Melissa,
Thanks for the encouragement. icon_smile.gif
Walking is a great way to help lose the weight. I mean when I am walking I think more about what I'm eating.
Susie

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 8:27pm
post #32 of 178

I am STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!! I should not be hungry, but I am. Just ate some oatmeal, which usually fills me up, then some apple slices. Ugh. Maybe "that time" is coming.

susies1955 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 9:04pm
post #33 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I am STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!! I should not be hungry, but I am. Just ate some oatmeal, which usually fills me up, then some apple slices. Ugh. Maybe "that time" is coming.

I think sometimes when we are trying to stay away from so much food it CALLS OUR NAME more. icon_smile.gif
Susie

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:16pm
post #34 of 178
Quote:

I know what you mean. "That time" will be my hardest time. I crave sweets, especially chocolate.

When I am hungry between meals, that's the perfect time to have a piece of fruit and a full glass of water. You can follow that with a cup of green tea also. I think the liquids help me to feel full.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 10:37pm
post #35 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by culinarycreations

I have always had stomach problems, that is what my new medicine is for. From my first day of kindergarton to third grade I threw-up every morning, 7 days a week!! Doing that has caused all sorts of other things. ... icon_cry.gif

Did the doctors ever give you a proper diagnosis or are they just treating whatever symptoms you have at the time? I think you should invest in a good holistic doctor. My daughter started having a lot of stomach problems. It had gotten so bad that every time she ate, she'd spend the next 20 minutes in the bathroom. The medical doctors kept giving her medicine to treat the symptoms, but no one properly diagnosed her. I even had her tested for food allergies. Their only theory was that she was becoming lactose intolerant.

I took her to a holistic doctor and he did an extremely extensive food allergy test through a blood test. Well, we found out that my daughter is allergic to almost everything, wheat gluten, lettuce, cheese, shell fish, etc. It was rough going to change her diet, but we did it. Now she is so much better. She was not allergic in the sense that it effected her breathing or she had a rash. Her body could not process these foods and were setting up toxins in her body. She is like a different person now.

I hate to see you be so young and suffer so much. I think you should see a holistic doctor. Do some research though. I was lucky enough to find one who is duly licensed as a medical and holistic doctor. He is excellent.

michellenj Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 1:21am
post #36 of 178

Yikes, Adonis-what CAN she eat? That really stinks. I wish they'd figure out what causes all these food allergies.

susies1955 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 7:17am
post #37 of 178

I'm up one of those pounds I had lost. We have had a houseful all weekend and I've been cooking and baking a lot. icon_smile.gif
We are due for nicer weather this week so I plan to get out there and walk more.
How's it going with all of you?
Susie

michellenj Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:24pm
post #38 of 178

I decided not to do my 6 miler yesterday, and drank wine instead. My right leg is still bothering me, so I told myself that I needed to stay off it. icon_lol.gif Tomorrow I'll weigh myself and maybe I'll be down a little, if your weight loss vibes are rubbing off on me.

susies1955 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 2:27pm
post #39 of 178

Hope your leg does better soon so you can get out and walk.
Susie

adonisthegreek1 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 10:17pm
post #40 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by susies1955

...How's it going with all of you?Susie

I got on the scale this morning and am still down the 3 pounds that I lost as of Friday. This was encouraging, because I had to make a crockpot diabetic cake with sugar free cherries and a batch of smores cupcakes.

The cake was for my dad and I had one thin slice. That was my first time making a crockpot cake, so I was anxious to taste it. The cupcakes were for a potluck. I ate the smallest one in the batch with no icing or marshmallows added. I think that's pretty good. I don't normally work out on the weekends, but I went ahead and did the treadmill since I had those treats. I really want to lose another 3 pounds this week.

susies1955 Posted 6 Apr 2008 , 10:27pm
post #41 of 178

Adonis,
Great job. You're really making great decisions.
I'm doing good on moving more and just 'ok' with the eating. Still eating too much but hey I'm down 2 for the week. That is great. I'm making progress.
Keep up the great work,
Susie

michellenj Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:21pm
post #42 of 178

I'm glad to hear you all have lost. I stayed the same this week. At least it wasn't a gain!

susies1955 Posted 7 Apr 2008 , 2:27pm
post #43 of 178
Quote:

I'm glad to hear you all have lost. I stayed the same this week. At least it wasn't a gain!

Yes, at least it wasn't a gain. Hopefully a loss this coming week,
Susie

sicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sicookie Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 3:11pm
post #44 of 178

ok you guys, heres the secret. Eat MORE!!!!! When you restrict yourself, you tend to eat more and slow down your metabolism. I was eating the bear minimum and not losing anything, but when I started eating more and making better choices about food, the weight fell off (12 lbs). Eat breakfast!! Whole Grain for breakfast is the best choice. Even if I don't have time to eat in the morning, I grab a whole grain cereal like Kashi put 1 cup into a snack cup and eat it while I drive the kiddies to school. Lunch is a smoothie with yogurt and fruit and a scoop of protien powder. it really is filling. Then when the kids come home from school--I have an apple with peanut butter or some almonds. something healthy. You have to eat before you get hungry or else you will binge. Also, get some exercise. Even if it's a quick walk around the block.

susies1955 Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 8:47pm
post #45 of 178

Well, I "KNOW" I'm eating enough. LOL! I eat really well! I just need to get up and move more. I haven't been burning any of it off.
We took off on the Harley early today so I didn't get out to walk and we stopped at KFC and got a BIG lunch.
Great advice for those that eat too little for sure. icon_smile.gif
Susie

adonisthegreek1 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:51pm
post #46 of 178

I was hoping to lose another 3 pounds by this Friday, but I am only down 1/2 pound since last Friday. My kids had sinus and ear infections last week and I seem to have inherited something from them. My head and eyes ache and I can barely breathe, so of course I have not been active this week. If I at least don't gain any this week, I will still be happy. I'm going to the doctor later today.

susies1955 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 3:59pm
post #47 of 178

Adonis,
Well, you are doing BETTER than me. icon_smile.gif I'm done NOTHING!
Hope everyone gets to feeling better. Hopefully our weigh loss was more than just a week long. LOL!
Susie

michellenj Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 2:34pm
post #48 of 178

Last night after dinner I ran 7.5 miles, and all night long I kept waking up hungry. I was dreaming about McDonalds french fries....

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 3:07pm
post #49 of 178

OMGosh!!! I just found this thread while searching for a great chocolate cake recipe that holds up well for cupcakes and I think I found my long lost sisters!

After having 5 children, I get so depressed when I look at my "baby belly". You know, that skin that you're left with after you've had all your children and there ain't nothing getting rid of it but a knife and general anesthesia! icon_cry.gif I guess I don't look bad for having 5 kids...but I want to look great whether I have children or not.

I was doing weight watchers, but I always quit out of bordom and frustration. It's so frustrating when you can't eat what everyone else eats, or when you have to make something seperate for yourself...I don't have time for that...and that's not even touching on exercise! I have a treadmill sitting in my living room, but can't get on it cause my 2 young ones don't give time to use the bathroom...never mind spend 30-40 minutes on that! icon_rolleyes.gif

susies1955 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 4:52pm
post #50 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummymummy

......... I get so depressed when I look at my "baby belly". ...........It's so frustrating when you can't eat what everyone else eats, .......... I have a treadmill sitting in my living room, but can't get on it cause my 2 young ones don't give time to use the bathroom...never mind spend 30-40 minutes on that! icon_rolleyes.gif

I have a little belly and I hate it. I'm normally very flat gutted. icon_smile.gif
I eat anything I want. That is my diet BUT I try to eat much smaller portions. The eating less takes so much control because I love everything and I just don't want to stop lately it seems. I think mostly it is winter boredom.
Try bundling the kids up and get the stroller out and walk. I use to do that all the time.
Winters are SO long here. I am GOING to take this 11 pounds of weight off NOW because I will not start another winter unless I'm at 120. icon_smile.gif
Susie

yummymummy Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 4:58pm
post #51 of 178

yup, portion control is tough. I love food and watching my dh fill his face when he gets home doesn't help! He burns it all off at work. I'm always running around after my kids, but I don't think it's enough. I definitely need to eat better though. I've been out of control lately. I'm so glad the warmer weather is on it's way though! I'll be walking with the kids then! I hate the winter...total hermit! icon_rolleyes.gif

susies1955 Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:31pm
post #52 of 178

I'm a TOTAL hermit in the Winter also.
Where ya from?
DO you have a goal in mind. Are you going to take my challenge of at LEAST ten pounds off by June 1st?
icon_smile.gif
Susie

yummymummy Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 5:46pm
post #53 of 178

LOL...the first thing I thought when you asked me if I was taking your challenge was "Oh Crap!" icon_lol.gif HA HA HA! Sure..why not! I'm from CT in the NE corner. I guess I'd better add a weight tracking ticker under my anniversary ticker! icon_wink.gif

yummymummy Posted 10 Apr 2008 , 6:18pm
post #54 of 178

Ok, it won't let me add my new ticker. I've seen others w/ more than one...but I keep getting a message that my signature is too long. icon_cry.gif I really don't want to delete my original ticker...I just adore my hubby! icon_wink.gif

susies1955 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:20am
post #55 of 178

Wow I posted a reply last night. Where is it??????? LOL!
My husband and I are coming up on our 35th anniversary in Oct. icon_smile.gif

HOW'S it going everyone??????????

yummymummy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:33am
post #56 of 178

Well, I took the long way up the stairs when I picked up the kids from school yesterday! I hope your happy! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

susies1955 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 10:42am
post #57 of 178

That's great that you took the stairs.
Yes, I'm as happy as I choose to be. thumbs_up.gif
Thanks!
Susie

yummymummy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:20am
post #58 of 178

icon_lol.gif Is that the way it works? Ok, I choose to be fabulous today! ...and drink more water! Man I'm bad when it comes to drinking water! icon_rolleyes.gif

susies1955 Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 11:42am
post #59 of 178

Oh yes.......that 'is' the way it works.
We get to choose. If we don't like the choice we have chosen, we can to choose another. icon_biggrin.gif
Susie

yummymummy Posted 11 Apr 2008 , 12:02pm
post #60 of 178

I like it! I never really thought of it that way...I choose to be nice to myself today and do something for me. I choose to take time for myself! I choose to squeeze in some form of exercise, I choose....ok this could go on and on! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%