Help With Butterfly Wasc And Icing

Baking By akslice Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 3:21pm by akslice

akslice Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 7

I am going to make this recipe and need help choosing an icing. I do think cream cheese based wold be best, but the only recipe I can find has butter. I am going to color the icing and I don't want the yellow tint. I am looking for a good crusting cream cheese icing that is easy to use. Does that exist?

6 replies
akslice Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 7

I found a crusting cream cheese recipe in the recipe section (go figure). Is it easy to find white butter ( without dyes)?

marthajo1 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 7

I used one in the recipe section that had butter and it was very white. It also crusted but it was pretty thin. I had to add extra powdered sugar and it was still thin. everybody liked it except me! icon_lol.gif I used Kim's lemon cream cheese recipe (I think) it only has lemon extract not zest.

akslice Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks! I will try it. That was the recipe suggested with the cake I am trying.

marthajo1 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 7

I tried the butterfly cake for Easter. I really liked it. My mother in law said it tasted like Hawaii. My DH didn't like it cause he "doesn't like having to chew his cake!" icon_lol.gif the pineapple and coconut make it chunky. But it had really good texture wasn't overly dense. I did it as cupcakes.

akslice Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:54pm
post #6 of 7

I just finished baking it and it smells good! I made the crusting cream cheese icing and only used 1 stick of butter. I added in more shortening instead to help prevent the yellow tint. I will let you know how it turns out!

akslice Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:21pm
post #7 of 7

Cake was delicious!! The icing was nice and white, but funny enough I ended out tinting the majority of it yellow! I used fondant on the top. It turned out really cute! Thanks for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%