Question About Wasc, Please!

Baking By likitiki Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 2:54pm by Tootall

likitiki Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:31pm
post #1 of 10

If I use whole eggs in the WASC recipe instead of only whites, how many do I use? I have seen a recipe posted using 6, and then I found a recipe using 4. I do not want to mess this cake up. Family will be eating it and could possibly lead to future orders. Thanks for any help!
Melissa icon_smile.gif

9 replies
DianeLM Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 10

Three whole eggs per cake mix. icon_smile.gif

likitiki Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 10

Thank You! I was pretty sure the answer was 6 (3 per mix), but when I found that other recipe it made me second guess. Just enough doubt to make me uneasy about it! icon_confused.gif Thank you for such a quick reply...
Melissa

rhopar33 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 10

I use a combination of 2 whole eggs, and 2 egg whites per batch. So, for a full, double batch recipe it would be 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites. It always comes out delicious!

Tootall Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:23pm
post #5 of 10

I guess the whole egg WHITE thing is to keep the cake super white? icon_smile.gif Will it change the texture at all to use whole eggs? I love this recipe. It tastes sooo yummy! icon_biggrin.gif

likitiki Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 10

I am making a spice cake with this recipe, so the whiteness is not needed. Also, I am thinking that the yolk will add some richness? Not sure if I am correct on this, plus I Hate to separate eggs. No real reason, just do not like to do it. I could sift for days though!

dessertsbydebi Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:32pm
post #7 of 10

I always use whole eggs in this. I have used whites before and it tastes just as yummy!!! I also use 3 per box too.

HTH
Debi

awolf24 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:38pm
post #8 of 10

OK, likitiki - I don't mind separating eggs at all but I hate to sift! Too funny. Too bad we don't live closer to each other - I'd do all your egg separating if you'd only sift for me!! icon_smile.gif

likitiki Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:00pm
post #9 of 10

So how far is it to Michigan?? icon_lol.gif

Tootall Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 10

Oh yay! I don't mind separating the eggs (Used to LOVE to do it when I was little! icon_lol.gif) but I just hate to waste the yolk. icon_rolleyes.gif Now I'll just use whole eggs! I'm so glad I saw this thread!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%