Filling Suggestion For Strawberry Cake?

Decorating By Liana Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 2:15am by Pastry-Panda

Liana Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone have any good filling ideas for a strawberry flavored cake? I need it to be non-refrigerated.

6 replies
rhopar33 Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 7

I would recommend Toba Garrett's cream cheese buttercream. This is the absolute best buttercream I have ever eaten. PM me if would like the recipe!

Rhonda

Liana Posted 8 Jan 2007 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 7

Sounds yummy, but wouldn't it have to be refrigerated? I'm putting on mmf decorations, so I don't want to have to put it in the frig.

bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Feb 2011 , 1:37am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhopar33

I would recommend Toba Garrett's cream cheese buttercream. This is the absolute best buttercream I have ever eaten. PM me if would like the recipe!

Rhonda

I made it once years ago and remember that it tasted amazing but was very thin in consistency. Did you find that to be the case as well?

KristyCakes Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 1:40am
post #5 of 7

The cream cheese pastry filling (in the sleeve) would be good, or cheesecake flavored buttercream.

Occther Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 1:56am
post #6 of 7

I am baking a strawberry cake right now. I plan to use strawberry mousse filling and frost with bettercream. However, it does need refrigerated. Why not add some strawberry jam to your buttercream for a filling.

Pastry-Panda Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 2:15am
post #7 of 7

I like to fill it with lemon cream cheese filling. Just the zest of a lemon in your regular cream cheese recipe. Or even a lemon buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%