I Need Some Ideas For A Wedding Rehearsal Dinner...help!!

Decorating By nancylynwallace Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 3:53pm by nancylynwallace

nancylynwallace Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 11:46am
post #1 of 9

My best friend's son is getting married and she asked me to make a cake for the rehearsal dinner. Can anybody please give me some ideas?!

Thanks,
Nancy

8 replies
sweetbaker Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 9

I don't know your decorating experience but maybe a nice simple sheet cake with wedding bells and a message: Best Wishes (name) and (name).

Hope this helps.
Elaine

MessiET Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:28pm
post #3 of 9

I would do a bridal shower cake. Adding the message like sweetbaker said would be nice!

Gale Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 9

Does the couple have a favorite hobby you can go with like hiking, biking, movies, etc. A mutual interest might be a good place to start for ideas.

nancylynwallace Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 9

I'm really new at cake decorating, but seem to have found a "hidden talent" that I didn't know that I had. I have taken Wilton classes 1 and 2
and really surprised myself. I just kind of "blank out" when it comes to ideas. This web-site has helped me so much (I just discovered it last week). Thank you all so much for your help!!

Shelly4481 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 9

How about a sheet cake with a bridal gown and tux cut out of fondant. Then a few words of encouragement.

kakeladi Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 12:00pm
post #7 of 9

The info/suggestions so far are good.
I've had many brides use the groom's cake at the rehersal dinner.
Have you tried browsing the groom's cake section in the pix section?

CandyLady Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 12:34pm
post #8 of 9

considering you will be having a large wedding cake the next day, why not pastry platter or individual cheesecakes, depending on how many folks at the dinner see below for some sample pics:

http://www.brides.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=293069

nancylynwallace Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 3:53pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you everybody for the help!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%