How To Get Champagne Color Buttercream?

Decorating By lardbutt Updated 30 Mar 2008 , 12:28am by lardbutt

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 9:19am
post #1 of 6

I need to know the easiest way to get champagne colored buttercream? Can anyone help me? TIA icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 6

try using just a touch of ivory color. HTH icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 6

yes, use ivory.......my first and only wedding cake so far (did it last weekend) the brides colors were dk. chocolate brown and champagne and I had to make champagne colored dots on the cake and that's exactlly how I did it..with ivory! Be careful though, a little goes a long way and the color darkens a lot when it sits!!! More than most colors darken for some reason. But it was an exact match for the champagne colored ribbons. Kinda hard to see the color difference in the photo though.

lardbutt Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you both!

Khalstead, I looked at your cake and it is beautiful! This will be my first wedding cake. I'm about to throw up!

The bride says she wants an ivory cake(which is good b/c I use butter) with champagne piping. She says she has the champagne ribbon already.

Her mother told me her colors are chocolate with champagne. icon_confused.gif I don't know why she doesn't want THOSE colors on the cake. I'm beginning to wonder if we are on the same page with the color "champagne".

From what you two said, champagne is ivory. Am I right?

I will be meeting with the bride today. I already saw a picture of the cake she wants and I don't think it would be pretty in the colors she wants. That and I have NO IDEA HOW TO DO IT! icon_cry.gif

Here is the link to the cake it's on page 18-19.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/catalog_magalog.jsp

You can zoom in to see the details.

Thank you, MessyBaker

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:23am
post #5 of 6

here is a cake I did today with ivory buttercream and the champagne that exactly matched the David's bridal sample of the champagne satin that the bride gave me.
I used a bit of americolor gel, brown, ivory, pink and green. the green and pink cancel each other out but make a great champagne color.
LL

lardbutt Posted 30 Mar 2008 , 12:28am
post #6 of 6

Thanks cakequeen50, your cake is beautiful!

Pink and green? icon_eek.gif Wow, I'm glad you shared that. I would have never figured that one out! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%