I'm So Sad =(

Decorating By shellzey Updated 12 Apr 2008 , 10:05am by scgriffiths

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:45am
post #1 of 7

I live in Oklahoma but all of my family lives up in Canada. Holidays are always tough for me. This year for easter i decided to try making cookie bouquets and ship them to my family. i've never made sugar cookies or iced them before so i was excited and nervous. well they turned out pretty good. i loaded them up with a bunch of pictures i just had done for my baby's first birthday as well as pictures with my 3 kids with their auntie they hadn't seen in 3 years. anyway, the package never arrived. How sad icon_cry.gif

there's a picture of the cookies in my gallery

6 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 8:18am
post #2 of 7

. . . your cookies are beautiful . . . how long ago did you send them . . . they may still show up (better late than never) . . . I'll keep my fingers crossed for you . . . Image

kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 7

How frustrating...I'm so sorry. I hope they finally arrive (and the customs agents didn't eat them)

pastrylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrylady Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 7

It's a shame the cookies didn't arrive, they're so cute.

How long have you lived away from home? My husband moved here from the Netherlands after college. After we got married, I would say for a good 5-6 years, he was always sad at the holidays because he missed his family.

Now that we've been married 20 years and have had two kids, he's made a life here and it feels like home. He no longer gets sad at the holidays because we've made our own traditions.

I'm not saying you'll stop missing your family, just that maybe it will get easier as you make a new life in OK.

Anyway, maybe the cookies will still get there. We get a package of Dutch goodies from my inlaws every Christmas. It usually arrives early December. This year it didn't arrive until the end of January and everything was still yummy!

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 6:23am
post #5 of 7

well my cookie bouquets just showed up in the mail (3 weeks late!!!!) i'm so thankful they did atleast my family can appreciate how they looked though i don't think they'll dare eat them LOL turned out that it was the parcel place (like mail boxes etc) that i had dropped it off at hadn't taken it to the post office. the post office that i sent it to tracked it back after they received it and found out that the post office in oklahoma city hadn't received it until two days before it was delivered. i haven't had a chance yet but i'm headed down there to give the guy a piece of my mind. i'm furious at him.

anyway, there was pictures and cards for my family as well so i'm glad it finally made it.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 9:39am
post #6 of 7

well not everyone actually does the work they get paid to do. I had the same problem but it was during the holiday season. I shipped out to gifts to the same address and one didn't get there until a month later. I'm glad they got the package though. I bet you got some relief. Tear his behind up. icon_biggrin.gif

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 12 Apr 2008 , 10:05am
post #7 of 7

Great news!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%