Need Some Advice Quick

Decorating By lecrn Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 1:23am by lecrn

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:03am
post #1 of 6

I think that I just did something really stupid. I made a WASC cake and wanted to fill it with some sort of strawberry filling. I mixed some of the strawberries in with the buttercream & filled the cake. Now I'm worried that the bc & strawberries will separate. Has anyone else done this & what were the results?
Thx!

5 replies
AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:52am
post #2 of 6

I've never done it, bu I wouldn't worry. I think it'll be fine.

BTW, I'm from Knoxville! I live in metro-Atlanta now, but my family is still in Knoxville. GO VOLS!

gandelmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gandelmom Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:00am
post #3 of 6

That is what the bakery does where I work-
It'll be fine-enjoy!

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:01am
post #4 of 6

There was a post earlier today asking about something like this. A few people answered that they did it all the time with no problems. If you search the forum for something about a blueberry jam filling (or something like that) you should find the post. I hope this helps.

lecrn Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:19am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieman

There was a post earlier today asking about something like this. A few people answered that they did it all the time with no problems. If you search the forum for something about a blueberry jam filling (or something like that) you should find the post. I hope this helps.

Well, I wouldn't say that it worked out fine for me. After I finished filling the cake, I noticed that the left over filling was separating & looked pretty disgusting. I just couldn't leave it on the cake. I was able to take the cake apart & remove the filling. I made some strawberry filling using a small amt of water, cornstarch, & butter. It tasted pretty great & I don't think that it will soak the cake. I just couldn't bring myself to refill the cake tonight. I hope the cake layers will be okay. I'd hate to think that I would have to bake another cake!
Thanks for your advice!

lecrn Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:23am
post #6 of 6

[
BTW, I'm from Knoxville! I live in metro-Atlanta now, but my family is still in Knoxville. GO VOLS![/quote]

Wow, small world!
Can you believe that the men's basketball team is doing so well?! They play tonight @ 10pm. I don't think that I'll be able to stay up & watch it bc I have to get up early for work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%