Cake Boss Questions

Decorating By CreatedByMe Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 4:45am by msthang1224

CreatedByMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreatedByMe Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 4

I just bought CakeBoss and I've been busy puting info into it. I LOVE IT! Thanks to the the creator who I know is here on CC

Anyways, in the recipie section...has anyone found an easy way to plug in the amounts of things like oil and flour. How can I easily divide up a 5lb bag of flour into 6 cups??? Or oil is priced for x/fl oz. but how can I translate that into 1/3 cup??? Is there a website somewhere that can do it for me (can the laziness in me be "seen" right now?!??!) icon_redface.gif

Also, if I buy premade fondant, how can I tell how much I'm going to use on a given cake? Or will I just have to guess on that until I get better at this??

Thanks again!
Tara

3 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:19am
post #2 of 4

Tara,

I am emailing you a bonus spreadsheet to help you figure out your per unit cost for ingredients. icon_smile.gif Also, check out this guide to help you figure out how much fondant you might be using per cake:

http://shop.pattycakes.com/Guides/fond_quant.asp

Kelley

CreatedByMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreatedByMe Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 11:58am
post #3 of 4

there you are! I knew you'ld "find" me! icon_smile.gif

I really love this program-thanks again for creating it. I look forward to getting your email!
Tara

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 4:45am
post #4 of 4

Great!! I was wondering if anyone on here had purchased it yet and how it was working out. I want it so bad and now I've read this, i'm gonna get, THANKS!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%