Anyone Know A Substitute For

Decorating By grama_j Updated 28 Mar 2008 , 1:08pm by grama_j

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 9

meringue powder...... just looked, and I am out.....please.....HELP....I can't get to the store !

8 replies
smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 9

What are you using it for? You may be able to eliminate it from a recipe and not even notice a difference.

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 9

If it is for regular icing like buttercream you don't really need it. Alot of people say it is for it to crust over, but it crusts over without the powder. I hope I helped.

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 9

dried egg whites

PSLCakeLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PSLCakeLady Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 9

Don't fret, I agree with the comment "you dont' need it." If it's for icing, it works fine without it. No one will really know the difference.

grama_j Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 9

I guess I should have made that clear..... it IS for icing.... If you guys say I don't need it, I'll give it a try without it...... Ive just always added it because the original recipe called for it...... So, my butter cream is going to crust with out it ?

JEM530 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JEM530 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 11:31pm
post #7 of 9

It should definitely still crust. My DH was making me mental while I was making butercream for our Easter cake and I totally forgot to add the meringue powder and it crusted just fine! icon_smile.gif

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 11:39pm
post #8 of 9

I never use it and it always crusts.

grama_j Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:08pm
post #9 of 9

I'm soooo happy for CC..... I can always depend on you guys ! I guess that should have read, We can depend on each other !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%