Peggy Porschen Rose Tower Cake Questions

Decorating By wendalynn11 Updated 27 Mar 2008 , 2:42pm by tonedna

wendalynn11 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 4

I am going to make the PP rose tower cake for my daughter 2nd birthday and I have a few questions of those of you who have made it. The directions say to stack the cakes directly on top of each other with no mention of cake boards separating the layers, does this sound right? Mine will start with an 8 inch and go down from there but I still think it will be 10-12 inches tall. Does that need a cake plate in the middle or just a big dowel? Also, I an having trouble finding the feather butterflies she used in the book, any ideas there? Thanks for an advise, this is a big undertaking for me but this cake is the reason I bought the book and this was the first opportunity I have had to make a girly cake (my husband thinks it is to old for a 2 year old bday party but I REALLY want to make the cake!!)
Thanks!

3 replies
Doug Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 4

even when stacking one tier directly on another, you MUST have boards and internal supports or it will collapse and the central dowel

review this article: http://www.cakecentral.com/article23-Teired-Stacked-Cake-Construction.html

wendalynn11 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Doug, I thought it needed support but the directions didn't say to use any. Would you do it every 2 layers (like after the 8 and 7 and then after the 6 and 5, etc)?

tonedna Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:42pm
post #4 of 4

For every cake you need its own support and each cake should have its own carboard ..So after the 10 if you an 8 on top the 8 should have support and cardboard at the bottom..Same the 6 on top of the eight.
If you are making a tall cake all the cakes in the same height.. Like all of them for example 8's...You need to put support and cardboard in between each cake too..
Hope this helps..
Edna D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%