Got My New Ka Yesterday!!! Pics!

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 1:45pm by step0nmi

step0nmi Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 14

ok guys....I am the one that got the amazing deal on Amazon.com. Wow! icon_surprised.gif I don't think I really knew what I was getting! IT'S A MINI HOBART!!! I LOVE IT!! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif I use to work with Hobart mixers in a pizza place and I thought that stuff was so cool. NOW I have my own mini one!!!! YEH!!!

So, this thing has a little lever to lift up the bowl...which I love. and this KA is a Heavy Duty PLUS...meaning that I can buy attachments to it that does pasta, juices, grinds stuff....icon_eek.gif I couldn't believe all the stuff I could attach to this thing!
yeah, I guess I had to gloat a little! icon_rolleyes.gif thanks again to foxymomma for giving me the best deal of the year!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif
LL
LL

13 replies
bevyd Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 14

Congrats and welcome to the World Wide KA family. Enjoy!!! Bevyd

kettlevalleygirl Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 14

Cogratulations!!
I got mine yesterday too....I ordered through Airmiles....but I left town yesterday, and my daughter answered the door and there it was!!
I don't know that it is like yours, I hope so...I know it was worth $699. at the stores..
This is my third KA....I have a 5 quart White Ultra Power (I keep it at our city condo for doing cakes there), a 6 quart Blue Epicurean I have at our country house (love it!!), and now my new one, can hardly wait to see it!!

AJsGirl Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 14

It looks great! And the sweet deal makes it even better! Congrats!

party.gifthumbs_up.gifprincess.gif

Iheartcake Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 14

Congratulations!! I love the look of the black .. very sleek!! Mine's white and I'm forever wiping it down. Hubby picked it out.. I should've been more specific other than KA mixer! Not that I'm complaining icon_wink.gif

Amia Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 14

Congrats! By the time I saw her post, they were sold out icon_cry.gif I love the color though! Lucky! icon_lol.gif

all4cake Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 14

Congratulations! (where's that high-5 button???)

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:57pm
post #8 of 14

Congrats!! It's beautiful! I have two, and I love mine.

yummymummy Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:06pm
post #9 of 14

Congrats on your new baby! I got mine a few months ago. You have to name him/her now! I named mine Scarlett...for obvious reasons, she's scarlett red! Anjoy and care for her well! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

step0nmi Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:30pm
post #10 of 14

THANKS EVERYONE! I am soo excited to have her! and yes, I am looking to name her soon! IT will come to me! The only thing I have made with it are cookies though! icon_lol.gif I just didn't want to make a whole cake if I didn't have to and my hubby LOVES cookies! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for letting me share! icon_biggrin.gif

Bunniefluf Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 5:43am
post #11 of 14

I'm so glad you got it and posted pics! I wondered the other day if you had received it yet, but I had problems accessing CC, so I couldn't check! Today's the first day I've been online that I could get in! It's great to hear that you're well on your way to KA enjoyment!

I'll tell you a funny about when i got mine! I didn't realize that the bowl snapped down in the back...so the first time I used it, it sat kinda cockeyed and the blade kept hitting the side of the bowl! I was freaking out! I got it off of eBay and thought I had just got a defective one!! I got the manual out and started making the 'adjustments' with a screwdriver! Tested it out again, still scraping! Again I was freaking...I was so excited about the price and getting it that I had only skimmed the return policy and I didn't use it until 7 days after I got it! Just as I was ready to pick up the phone, I decided to turn the KA around to see if there were any more 'adjustments' I could make with my screwdriver...that's when i saw the clip in the back!! HAHAHAHA!! icon_lol.gif Then I had to undo all the adjustments I had made before!! icon_lol.gif Just a little silly...where was my mind?!?!?!!!! Guess I was just too excited to finally get to use it...who needs to read the manual anyway?!?!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

step0nmi Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:18pm
post #12 of 14

oh yeah! I am so glad that people were looking forward to my post! icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I love my KA! I have only mixed up some cookies in it so far...don't really have any orders right now...all the orders that i DID have paid for the KA! icon_lol.gif

and I named her Babette! That is what my husband came up with the moment I asked what a black, heavy duty mixer name would be! and when he said that I was like....Oh yeah! (but then forgot it and asked my friends to help with a name icon_lol.gif) anyway...I like Babette...it's french and sounds sassy!

thanks for letting me share everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

cwcopeland Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:38pm
post #13 of 14

Congratulation! I know you will love it. I've had mine for about 5 years and love it. My favorite appliance in the kitchen!

I don't know what I would do without it. My sister came over this past weekend and we made 10 double batches of NFSC for party favors for her wedding. She (who is not a baker) couldn't believe how much easier it was to make the cookies with the KA.

step0nmi Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:45pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcopeland

Congratulation! I know you will love it. I've had mine for about 5 years and love it. My favorite appliance in the kitchen!

I don't know what I would do without it. My sister came over this past weekend and we made 10 double batches of NFSC for party favors for her wedding. She (who is not a baker) couldn't believe how much easier it was to make the cookies with the KA.

OMG! I had no idea until MY little mixer started smelling bad when I was doing my bc! then I had to go to my mom's house to use HER'S! icon_lol.gif that's when I knew I needed one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%