How To Stop Coughing

Lounge By mellormom Updated 3 Apr 2008 , 1:24pm by jescapades

mellormom Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 10:20am
post #1 of 8

Hopefully I haven't posted this before. I couldn't find a link so...
To stop coughing at night rub vick's vapor rub on your feet and the put socks on. Your cough goes away immediately and it also helps you sleep.
It doesn't work for everyone but for those it does it is a miracle. My son woke up at midnight with a cough and I did the trick. It worked immediately and lasted until the morning.
Just thought I would share. Now a days kids can't have anything for a cold so it's nice to find a cure that works and they can actually use.

7 replies
michellenj Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 8

Wow, I could have used this little tip last week, DD had a terrible cough that was keeping both of us up. Thanks for sharing!

mellormom Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 8

no problem! I love this tip so much that I tell it to who ever will listen. Just to warn you it does not work on my mother. But my son had great results!

Dordee Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 8

A tablespoon of Honey also does the trick. Works wonderfully for my DH, DS and myself plus it's yummy!

Cakepro Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 8

That's freaking crazy!!

I just had a cough for nearly 4 weeks that I finally got over last week. I was starting to get worried that I had tuberculosis or something! LOL

Wish I had known of that crazy trick when I was sick - I would have tried anything. icon_biggrin.gif

jescapades Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:57am
post #6 of 8

wow, no kidding? i'm gonna have to try that with my ds. he's been coughing for about 6 weeks. i tried honey, but he won't take it (he's 2 1/2). i keep calling the dr. but he says he's fine. hmmm... does it work with feetie jammies?

mellormom Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 12:05pm
post #7 of 8

I works with anything on the feet.

jescapades Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 1:24pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%