How Do I Color Gumpaste Roses???

Decorating By roxxxy_luvs_duff Updated 29 Mar 2013 , 8:57am by ricjhelle

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 7

I need a royal blue roses for a wedding cake that I am doing next month. Im buying them becuase im not good with flowers and they are white. I was wondering if they can be airbrushed? I was planning on brushing with LD but im not sure if I can get the color i need.

6 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:33am
post #2 of 7

You can let them dry completely and then airbrush them. Or you can mix airbrush color with Everclear or alcohol and dip the flower upside down in the color, spin the flower upside down by the wire stem after dipping to remove excess color, I'd suggest doing that inside a cardboard box because it flies everywhere. Check your flower and see if the color got into all the little cracks, if not just dab the liquid on with a tiny artists paintbrush. Stick the stem into a block of styrofoam to dry. Either way I would color the gumpaste with gel or paste color in a lighter version of the finished color you are looking for.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 7

thanks so much for the help!!

Juliequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliequeen Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:14pm
post #4 of 7

Hummm I'm not sure... Hope someone can help you.

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

You can let them dry completely and then airbrush them. Or you can mix with Everclear or alcohol and dip the flower upside down in the color, spin the flower upside down by the wire stem after dipping to remove excess color, I'd suggest doing that inside a cardboard box because it flies everywhere. Check your flower and see if the color got into all the little cracks, if not just dab the liquid on with a tiny artists paintbrush. Stick the stem into a block of styrofoam to dry. Either way I would color the gumpaste with gel or paste color in a lighter version of the finished color you are looking for.

how do you color gumpaste? Is it the same way as fondant?

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 7

I color gumpaste with paste color, but you could use gel as well. Just knead it well until the color is completely blended.

ricjhelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ricjhelle Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 8:57am
post #7 of 7

i cant seem to get the color completly blended looking tricolor any helpful hints??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%