Mmf Or Michelle Fosters Fondant?

Decorating By yummymummy Updated 27 Mar 2008 , 5:02pm by chicapastel

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 18

Okay, so I'm doing this communion cake in the shape of a bible and client chose to cover w/ fondant. I explained that fondant is an acquired taste for some people because it's pretty sweet. She doesn't mind. That being said, should I use MMF of MFF? Ive used MMF, but haven't yet tried MFF. What are the pros and cons of both, and how is the flavor comparison?

Again, Thanks a bunch CCer's!!! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

17 replies
plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 18

I LOVE Michele Foster's Fondant! icon_biggrin.gif The taste is much better, the elasticity is better, and...you can flavor it how you wish... I have started matching my buttercream and my fondant flavors... icon_smile.gif I'm doing a Sweet Sixteen this week that I'm using Creme Bouquet... Just remember that it has to rest for the gelatin to do it's thing... So don't worry about it if you don't think that it's not "Firm" enough when you wrap it up to rest... It seems a bit loose, but it will get there! icon_smile.gif

When I was using MMF, I did find that it worked better if I added a couple of tablespoons of corn syrup...

HTH,
Pat icon_smile.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 18

I'd do Michele Foster's over MMF anyday.

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 18

Michele Fosters all the way. Had to make 5 batches for a wedding cake this month and each one had the same consistency and it's DEEElicious. I don't use anything else.

yummymummy Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 18

Thanks so much! I think I'll try the MFF. I'm so excited to try it! icon_smile.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:17am
post #6 of 18

Michele Fosters for sure! I've tried MMF and Toba Garett's recipe and since trying Michele's I've never made anything else. You'll love it.

yummymummy Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 11:21am
post #7 of 18

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif I feel very confidant now about my choice. Thanks!

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:19pm
post #8 of 18

Thanks everybody! I'm so glad so many like my fondant recipe. I'm also thrilled that I am now an acronym. icon_lol.gif

Michele

yummymummy Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:26pm
post #9 of 18

LOL! You're now famous! oh yeah...sorry I spelled your name wrong! icon_redface.gif I knew it looked funny when I typed it! A thousand apologies! icon_smile.gif

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:27pm
post #10 of 18

There really is no comparison. between the two IMHO. MMF taste like marshmallows and literally slid off the sides of my cake. I tried Tobas and while it's nice MFF has the taste and WORKABILITY that I couldn't get with the other two. And it really isn't any harder to make MFF than MMF.

Sugarflowers Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:30pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummymummy

LOL! You're now famous! oh yeah...sorry I spelled your name wrong! icon_redface.gif I knew it looked funny when I typed it! A thousand apologies! icon_smile.gif

Don't worry. You wouldn't believe how many different ways my name has been spelled AND pronounced! icon_smile.gif Mitchell, Marshall, Machete, Michael, etc.

It doesn't bother me at all.

Michele

yummymummy Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:34pm
post #12 of 18

I get that w/ my last name! You have no idea how many people call our house or send us mail and add an "n" smack dab in the middle of my last name! Hello? Can these people read? There's no "n" in Frechette!
LOL...in their defense though, we're only human!

brownsugar1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brownsugar1 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:35pm
post #13 of 18

Michele,

Where can I find your fondant recipe? I would love to try it.

Thanks

Felicia

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:37pm
post #14 of 18

curious kids. How long does this fondant last??
It has milk in it. Can it sit, or have to be used right away?(Michelles fondant)

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:42pm
post #15 of 18

it's probably like certain BC recipes, the large amount of sugar stabilizes the small amount of milk and butter.

Sugarflowers Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:45pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsugar1

Michele,

Where can I find your fondant recipe? I would love to try it.

Thanks

Felicia

Here's the link: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

The sugar acts as a preservative, so the fondant will last a long time. I've had some sitting on the counter waiting to be used on a show cake for about a month now, and it's still fine. It also freezes very well. Just be sure to always keep it very well wrapped.

Michele

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:47pm
post #17 of 18

Very Good. I will try this next week on my bottle cake.

chicapastel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chicapastel Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 5:02pm
post #18 of 18

i love your fondant Sugarflowers!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%