Cookie Design Opinions Needed

Baking By cookieman Updated 29 Mar 2008 , 2:21pm by kneadacookie

cookieman Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 21

What do you all think about this cookie design for a "sophisticated" look? Maybe a birthday or an anniversary? (Click on the image and it will get slightly bigger.)

I visited Papyrus (an amazing card store with high-end cards, stationary, wrapping paper, invitations, etc.) today and these colors seemed to be everywhere. Thanks for your help.
LL

20 replies
pikle Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 21

beautiful!! Chocolate covered graham cracker also popped into my head for this design icon_biggrin.gif.. very elegant!!!

cookieman Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:11am
post #3 of 21

Thanks pikle. Great idea!

Anyone else have any opinions? All critiques/comments are welcome!

golfgirl1227 Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:55am
post #4 of 21

I think it would make an awesome cookie. I can see a wedding cake too, lol.

GeminiRJ Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 11:58am
post #5 of 21

It'll make a beautiful cookie!

bakinccc Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:13pm
post #6 of 21

You could use that design and adapt the colors of any wedding. I love it! It's going into my fav's!

kneadacookie Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:28pm
post #7 of 21

love the design and the colors. you could also swap out the monogram for a simple design...heart, flower, number...the possibilities are endless

cookieman Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

love the design and the colors. you could also swap out the monogram for a simple design...heart, flower, number...the possibilities are endless

I'm working on one now for Mother's Day in pinks where I swapped out the initial for the word "Mom" and added a few little flowers. I will try to post it later.

I will hopefully be making some prototype cookies by next week. I'll post pics when they are done.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions--they are very much appreciated! icon_smile.gif

chqtpi Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 1:50pm
post #9 of 21

That is really nice. That can be more your "manly" style cookie for like a grooms dessert table at a wedding or something. Its not too fru-fru or anything. Very classic icon_smile.gif

toleshed Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:44pm
post #10 of 21

Very nice. Can I ask how you get those lines so straight? Just starting with this stuff

Also wondering
chqtpi where you are located. I am also upstate, 40 minutes east of albany

chqtpi Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:23pm
post #11 of 21

Toleshed:

I am 45 minutes southeast of Syracuse...Fingerlakes area icon_smile.gif one of my very good friends lives in your neck of the woods icon_smile.gif

toleshed Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:30pm
post #12 of 21

Good - don't see too many from upstate

kneadacookie Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:37pm
post #13 of 21

i'll have to try some this weekend with different colors and swap out the design just for fun(like i have tons of free time). but i love this design and the possibilities

kwdonlon Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:39pm
post #14 of 21

I love it. Very elegant. My question for you is...how did you design it? I'd love to make my own monograms like that.

Thanks,
Kim

cookieman Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:13pm
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by toleshed

Very nice. Can I ask how you get those lines so straight? Just starting with this stuff

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking me how I get the lines straight in the design? This is just a "drawing" I did with MS Word. If you mean on the actual cookie, I plan to use fondant for the stripes, so getting them straight would mean first cutting them straight and then letting them dry a bit before I attach it to the cookie. I hope my answer helps you. icon_smile.gif

cookieman Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:16pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwdonlon

I love it. Very elegant. My question for you is...how did you design it? I'd love to make my own monograms like that.

Thanks,
Kim

Kim--

I used MS Word to design the cookie. I used to have MS publisher and it was a lot easier, but it can be done in Word. You have to use the Drawing tool bar and play around with the different functions.

cakesonoccasion Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:28pm
post #17 of 21

I think it would also look lovely if you did the background in RBC and that way you could stamp the monogram and even the little design underneath it- give it a little more dimension. Or how about stamp it in , and then paint it with some liquid dust? That would add a little sheen to the monogram...very pretty! You could also use some sugarveil or chocolate to create really fancy and uniform monograms! icon_smile.gif

toleshed Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:35pm
post #18 of 21

Thank you - that is indeed what I meant. Duh! I should have known it was fondant.

cookieman Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 4:42pm
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesonoccasion

I think it would also look lovely if you did the background in RBC and that way you could stamp the monogram and even the little design underneath it- give it a little more dimension. Or how about stamp it in , and then paint it with some liquid dust? That would add a little sheen to the monogram...very pretty! You could also use some sugarveil or chocolate to create really fancy and uniform monograms! icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the great suggestions cakesonoccasion! I was actually going to use chocolate candy clay for the background. And I had thought about stamping the scroll/design and painting it. great minds think alike! thumbs_up.gif

By the way, I am not very familiar with Sugarveil--is it fun/easy/satisfying to use?

cookieman Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 5:27pm
post #20 of 21

Here's what I came up with for Mother's Day (remember to click on the picture for a better view). It still needs a bit of tweaking (which will get done when I make the actual cookie.). And speaking of making cookies...I better get baking! Thanks again for everyone's suggestions and comments! icon_smile.gif
LL

kneadacookie Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 2:21pm
post #21 of 21

love it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%