Martha Stewart Wedding Cakes Book

Decorating By janiceaileen Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 7:24pm by lovinkakes

janiceaileen Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, I am a "newbie" so I don't know if there is already a thread on this topic and if so, please direct me to that thread. Thanks.

My question is if anyone has bought the new Martha Stewart Wedding Cakes book that was just recently out and if you have tried any of her recipes. I saw the book at Barnes and Noble and thought her cakes were GORGEOUS! I've been debating whether to purchase it or not depending on if the recipes were good. I would love to get y'alls opinion on it (is it worth the $60). Thanks!

7 replies
onemissa Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 8

Hi,

I just recently purchased the book and I love it. Although I still haven't found time to make any of the recipes. But there is no way that I would pay $60 for it. I bought it on Amazon.com for halft that price. Maybe you should check it out at your local library that way you could look through it to decide whether you want to purchase it or not. Oh, and welcome to the site.

brownsugar1 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 8

I bought it around February. I actually booked a client from that book. It is very beautiful, but don't think it is worth $60.00. Either find a coupon online for Barnes & Noble, or buy online. I get one that is 20% off. I haven't tried the recipes yet, but don't buy it expecting to get an explaination on how to create. There is very few instructions in there. More pictures and recipes than anything.

If I can find the email for the Barnes and Noble coupon, I can PM you to get your email address.

I also heard it is cheaper on Amazon, especially if you can get free shipping.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 8

Target has it for like $40

i just gott it through a book club just so i could get it free. www.thegoodcook.com
i ahvent had a chance to try the recipes yet icon_sad.gif

onceuponacake Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 8

the book is gorgeous..if youve bought her weddings magazines, the cakes that were in those magazines are in the book but you get recpes with the book

janiceaileen Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the replies ladies! I checked ebay and they were going for a out $30 so I guess that must be the popular price to pay for it. If anyone has tried the recipes let me know!
Thanks again! icon_biggrin.gif

lovinkakes Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 7:25pm
post #7 of 8

yes, I have the book from the library, and if I find myself wanting it a lot I'll probably buy it. As far as recipes, i.e., I made a yellow cake, but find that I get better tips from the recipe section here at CC. I think the rating system here helps, too.

lovinkakes Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 7:24pm
post #8 of 8

yes, I have the book from the library, and if I find myself wanting it a lot I'll probably buy it. As far as recipes, i.e., I made a yellow cake, but find that I get better tips from the recipe section here at CC. I think the rating system here helps, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%