My Fair Lady Hat

Lounge By ShirleyW Updated 29 Mar 2008 , 5:33pm by ShirleyW

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 7

Honeydukes PMed me about the pink ruffled cake I made earlier this month. She tried to link me to a picture of a hat Audrey Hepburn wore in the film My Fair Lady. I guess you can't link in the gallery so I made a collage to share. It really does look like her hat and I hadn't planned it that way.
LL

6 replies
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 7

LOL. That is so cool. Well that just goes to show that there are only so many ideas in the universe and eventually there are repeats. icon_wink.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 7

Your cake is beautiful, Shirley, as was that great hat, but I'm not too sure I'd have made that connection.

Inspiration comes in all shapes and forms, that is for sure!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 11:40pm
post #4 of 7

I'm so glad you posted this picture!!! When I saw the cake, I just loved it. I thought it was so beautiful and dainty looking. And then I kept thinking I'd seen something similar, but not quite.

Someone posted they thought it looked like a carnation and I saw Audrey Hepburn's hat! Artists put their work out into the world and the world interprets it at will.

Isn't it funny how we remember the oddest things? We're running out tonight and I'm getting that DVD -- My Fair Lady. I keep saying I will someday and I guess today's the day. So thank you, Shirley, for sharing such a beautiful cake and reminding me (however that connection happened!) of one of my favorite movies!

ShirleyW Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 12:23am
post #5 of 7

One of my favorites too. Audrey Hepburn was one of my favorites actors. For the remainder of the day I am going to be whistling or humming "Get me to the church on time."

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 7:43pm
post #6 of 7

gorgeous cake, shirley! i absolutely love pink...is that chocolate or cookies on the side of the cake?

ShirleyW Posted 29 Mar 2008 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Adriene, those are chocolate cigarellos or pencils.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%