Modeling Chocolate For Nfsc?

Baking By veronicarueda77 Updated 29 May 2008 , 10:38pm by millicente

veronicarueda77 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 11

I do not know if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if I could use modeling chocolate to decorate NFSC. I see that I can use fondant and royal icing, but my family does not like the taste of it.

Can someone please let me know?

10 replies
JoAnnB Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 11

Sure. It may need a light brush of corn syrup to help it stick to the cookie.

KHalstead Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 11

I made these cookies using a chocolate roll out cookie and white chocolate modelling choc. and put it on the cookies when they were hot just like I do with mmf and they got really oily, but I was patient and let them be and the oil evaporated and they still kept a sheen (which I liked) and weren't tacky at all and tasted awesome!!!!

Tina
LL

veronicarueda77 Posted 1 Apr 2008 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks everyone. I will try this weekend and hope that all goes well

smab109 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 11

I have a couple pics in my gallery of cookies I've done with modeling chocolate. Love, love, love it! It is awesome to work with! I apply it by dabbing some water on the cookie first, helps it stay in place and doesnt come off in one piece!

veronicarueda77 Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 11

Amazing cookies!!!

I just hope one I can achieve that lever of perfection. Thank you guys so much for the information.

toleshed Posted 8 Apr 2008 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 11

Is there a recipe on CC for whilte choc. modeling chocolate?

Happybug98 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 1:39am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I made these cookies using a chocolate roll out cookie and white chocolate modelling choc. and put it on the cookies when they were hot just like I do with mmf and they got really oily, but I was patient and let them be and the oil evaporated and they still kept a sheen (which I liked) and weren't tacky at all and tasted awesome!!!!

Tina

KHalstead - What recipe did you use for your chocolate roll-out cookies and White Chocolate. I love your bouquet and would love to try it. icon_smile.gif

veronicarueda77 Posted 9 Apr 2008 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 11

This is the recipe that I use for modeling chocolate, I just substitute regular chocolate chips, for white chocolate chips. Really tasty.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1608-0-Chocolate-Clay-Modeling-Chocolate.html

Hope it helps.

veronicarueda77 Posted 8 May 2008 , 11:03pm
post #10 of 11

Finally I have completed my first cookie bouquet. I learned a lot. All I want to say is Thank you for everyone's advice. You guys really gave me the confidence to try and help out my friend. she is doing the Avon Breast 3 day walk and decided to sell cookie bouquets for Mother's day, all the profits go for breast cancer research. We need to make 18 cookie bouquets. Wish me luck

here is the link to the bouquet
LL

millicente Posted 29 May 2008 , 10:38pm
post #11 of 11

where do i buy modeling chocolate or is there a recipe for it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%