Support For Truck

Decorating By agroeve Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 9:43pm by Doug

agroeve Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 3

i made this cake and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me a better way to support the body of the truck next time i make one. i don't think the wheels would have supported it alone.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1203477

2 replies
shelleylynn Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 3

I'm not sure on top of another. Maybe if you were to move the dowels back closer to the wheels you wouldn't see them as much. When I did my car cake, I made a smaller "box" like platform under the car, so it looked like the car was on it's wheels. I wonder if this is possible on top of another cake, using dowels in the cake below. I hope this makes sence. I would love to see what other peoples ideas are too. Good luck
Shelleylynn

Doug Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 3

hide the supports behind the tires.... diagram 1

or diagram 2

or IN the tires -- in which case you'd have an actual "axle" type rod running between the tires on which the board would rest. Hiding inside would also mean forming the tires around the supports most likely. could either use copper tubing or similar w/ 90 degree elbows (left side in diagram) or wood dowels where vertical dowel has hole drilled in it to receive the horizontal dowel or metal rod.
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%