Itty Bitty Nfsc Recipe?

Decorating By jack109 Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 5:35pm by GeminiRJ

jack109 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 5

I was making a cookie bouquet for my son's Birthday today and decided to make one for my niece who shares the same Birthday. Well, I was putting it together and one of the important cookies broke and I only made one of them. I need to make another one, but just one! I don't want to have alot of left over cookies and I don't want to run out to the store either. Does anyone have any idea how to cut the NFSC recipe way way down?

4 replies
CakeMommyTX Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 5

I've cut it in half before, and just froze the rest of the dough until I needed it again.
You might be able to cut it in 3rds, let me look at the recipe real quick and get back to you.

CakeMommyTX Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 5

Ok this is the best I could come up with, the 2 cups divided by 3 equaled .6666 so I figured that was a little more the 1/2 cup so thats I why came up with 2/3 cups. I have no idea what to do about the eggs.
And I really don't know if this recipe would even work. Maybe someone with some baking science knowledge could help out a little better.
Good Luck !

6 cups flour -2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder -1 tsp bp
2 cups butter -2/3 cups butter
2 cups sugar -2/3 cups sugar
2 eggs - I have no idea how to divide the eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself) -1 tsp flavor
1 tsp. salt-1/4-1/2 tsp salt

jack109 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks a bunch, I'm off to try it!

Kim

GeminiRJ Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 5

This happened to me when I was making some of my 3D cookies for a competition...all I needed were a couple of the feet! The recipe I make is very, very, similar to NFSC only half the amount. I made the whole thing, then froze what I didn't use. I wasn't sure if it would keep, but it did! There was no difference in the cookies made from the frozen dough and the ones made fresh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%