Itty Bitty Nfsc Recipe?

Decorating By jack109 Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 5:35pm by GeminiRJ

jack109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jack109 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 5

I was making a cookie bouquet for my son's Birthday today and decided to make one for my niece who shares the same Birthday. Well, I was putting it together and one of the important cookies broke and I only made one of them. I need to make another one, but just one! I don't want to have alot of left over cookies and I don't want to run out to the store either. Does anyone have any idea how to cut the NFSC recipe way way down?

4 replies
CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 5

I've cut it in half before, and just froze the rest of the dough until I needed it again.
You might be able to cut it in 3rds, let me look at the recipe real quick and get back to you.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 5

Ok this is the best I could come up with, the 2 cups divided by 3 equaled .6666 so I figured that was a little more the 1/2 cup so thats I why came up with 2/3 cups. I have no idea what to do about the eggs.
And I really don't know if this recipe would even work. Maybe someone with some baking science knowledge could help out a little better.
Good Luck !

6 cups flour -2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder -1 tsp bp
2 cups butter -2/3 cups butter
2 cups sugar -2/3 cups sugar
2 eggs - I have no idea how to divide the eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself) -1 tsp flavor
1 tsp. salt-1/4-1/2 tsp salt

jack109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jack109 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks a bunch, I'm off to try it!

Kim

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 5

This happened to me when I was making some of my 3D cookies for a competition...all I needed were a couple of the feet! The recipe I make is very, very, similar to NFSC only half the amount. I made the whole thing, then froze what I didn't use. I wasn't sure if it would keep, but it did! There was no difference in the cookies made from the frozen dough and the ones made fresh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%