It's About Time

Decorating By Sugarflowers Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 3:49am by Sugarflowers

Sugarflowers Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 8:35am
post #1 of 10

I finally got my webmaster to help me get the veining tool that I use put on the web site. It's my favorite veining tool. I use it for almost all my gumpaste flowers. Look on the home page for "The Sugar Fix"; click on that and it will take you to the page with the photo of the tool. Click on the photo to continue.

Michele

p.s. Since my webmaster is my husband I couldn't push too hard for things to get done. It's not like I'm paying him and he works with computers all day so he's not so thrilled with doing more when he gets home.

9 replies
SheepThrills Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 10

Sugflowers, your right, it IS about time. icon_biggrin.gif I've been wanting one of those for a while. It's going to save me a lot of money since I won't have to buy quite as many veiners.

Thanks for letting us know.

TooMuchCake Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 10

I got one!!! YAY!!! Everyone sees you use it on your video and now we can actually make roses that look just like yours! HAHAHAHA!!! Or rather, like wannabe Michele roses!

Deanna

Melvira Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 10

Sheesh, I WISH not having that veiner was the reason my flowers don't look like Michelle's!! icon_wink.gif

And hey... you are supposed to be able to nag and push and annoy the hubby into doing these things, it's ok. It's part of the agreement when you get married... you nag, they ignore, you nag, they sigh, you nag, they procrastinate, you give up and threaten to do it yourself (thus ruining everything and creating ten times as much work for them) they get scared and do it!! Yes, it's a sophisticated balance! icon_wink.gif

Sugarflowers Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 10

Melvira, it's as if you were actually here! He did NOT want to help me with this particular thing. Then, I turned on his computer and he "helps" me get the veining stick on-line. Essentially he did everything from the side except for the keys he couldn't reach through me. icon_smile.gif I was hoping this was way it would happen. Men are easy. icon_biggrin.gif

The veiner will actually help to make flowers look more natural, thinner, and with add texture to ruffles and ruffles petals. It's my all time favorite tool.

Michele

Melvira Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 10

Hehehehe... Michelle, that tickles me!! At least my hubby isn't the only one. icon_rolleyes.gif

That tool sounds awesome... I'm going to have to check it out. I really want to get into making fondant flowers (I've only really done roses) but time is short with the new one coming! I need to set aside some of that 'me' time that everyone is always swearing I'm entitled to!

Cakepro Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 2:42pm
post #7 of 10

Hello and thank you for the update!

Will you be at the Winnie DOS next Sunday?

Thanks,
Sherri

Sugarflowers Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Hello and thank you for the update!

Will you be at the Winnie DOS next Sunday?

Thanks,
Sherri

No, my oldest son is visiting from Afghanastan and will be going back in a few days.

Thanks for asking though.

Michele

Cakepro Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:37pm
post #9 of 10

How wonderful you will get to visit with him!!

By chance, will anyone will be selling them for you at the DOS? (Haha, can you tell I want to avoid the $6.50 shipping charge? icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif)

Thanks
Sherri

Sugarflowers Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 3:49am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

How wonderful you will get to visit with him!!

By chance, will anyone will be selling them for you at the DOS? (Haha, can you tell I want to avoid the $6.50 shipping charge? icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif)

Thanks
Sherri

I'm sorry the shipping is so high. With the system that I have it's the best I can do. If you buy something else, such as a book or another DVD, then shipping is the same.

I'll be selling them in Maryland at the Mid-Atlantic Cake Show.

Michele

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%