Can I Fix The Color On Glace Icing?

Decorating By PattyT Updated 2 Apr 2008 , 5:08pm by PattyT

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:30am
post #1 of 4

Made a big batch of Toba's Glace Icing. I left part White-fine; tinted part Dusty Rose-fine; put ONE drop of Americolor Chocolate Brown in about 2 Cups of Icing...and yuk!

I'm was trying to get a light taupe/tan color, but this looks kind of brick or terra cotta.

I have time and could start again, but hate to waste things...plus the advice would come in handy if I was under a time crunch.

Can I fix it? Other than Visine - how can I get the red out? (Sorry...couldn't resist.... icon_rolleyes.gif )

Thanks all - Pat

3 replies
PattyT Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:42pm
post #2 of 4

Anyone?

Ideas on getting it to look less terra-cotta and more taupe?

Or, if I start with white again, how to get the taupe from there?

Thanks all - Pat

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 4

Love the Visine question! LOL

Is there a picture to go with the question so we can see? I've seen a terra cotta question on here before. I'm not good with the colors but can maybe keep you up till help comes. I have Toba's Well Decorated Cake book but haven't found her glace recipe yet, anywhere.

Good luck!
Carol

PattyT Posted 2 Apr 2008 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

Love the Visine question! LOL

Is there a picture to go with the question so we can see? I've seen a terra cotta question on here before. I'm not good with the colors but can maybe keep you up till help comes. I have Toba's Well Decorated Cake book but haven't found her glace recipe yet, anywhere.

Good luck!
Carol

Sorry to take so long to respond. Guess there was trouble with CC.

You're right - a picture would have been the smart thing to do.

I ended up using some of the funny colored batch - took it all the way to choc brown then backed up to caramel! Then tossed the rest.

It looked not bad. Colors were pink/tan/white - so the caramel and chocolate color fit in.

Thanks for responding. I'll post pics from the shower on Monday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%