How To Put Drapes In Your Wedding Cake?

Decorating By jubeken2005 Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 12:14pm by alanahodgson

jubeken2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jubeken2005 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:40am
post #1 of 5

hi! i just want to know if you can help me find a tutorial or video showing how to make and put drapes in wedding cakes... pls i badly need it... I hope you can help me. thank you so much! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
diamondjacks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondjacks Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:51am
post #2 of 5

the only thing I can suggest roll it thin thin thin pinch at the top of the drap like a curtain and place on your cake it will naturally fall like it should just give it some tiny pleats at the top. More pleats at the top more of a drap through the piece

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:00am
post #3 of 5

I don't know of any video, but i can give you some pointers.
First, mix gum paste with the fondant, Fondant alone may stretch and brake, gum paste alone will look to stiff.
Make small cuts instead of a big long one, that may get to heavy and fall down the cake. Cut the pieces of fondant to go from one layer to the next. Pinch one side or both depending on the design, and hide were you pinched with ribbon or flowers.
How to attach the drape depends of how you covered, simple water will do with fondant, for BC I don't know, cause I don't cover my cakes in BC.
I hope his helps, the cake in my avatar is a good example of cakes with drapes.

jubeken2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jubeken2005 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:16am
post #4 of 5

^love the cake that you made... can i use fondant with tylose powder for the drapes? i dont how to make gumpaste icon_sad.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:14pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, you can use fondant with tylose added.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%