Help Please! Need Ideas.

Decorating By JoanneK Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 10:30am by Doug

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 5

Ok here is my problem.

I have a cake order for 100 people and the theme is WICKED. The muscial.

They want a big WOW type cake.

Does anyone have any ideas? A drawing would be great here!

I looked in the Gallery and couldn't find anything that was something they are looking for.

Any help would be great! Thanks so much!

Doug, are you out there? I know you always come up with wonderful ideas.

Joanne

4 replies
butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 5

first of all, this is a FANTASTIC book and I can't wait to see the show next month.

now, why not a 3d of the Emerald City?

or the cover of the book?

a 3d of Elphaba's head (green witch)

a 3d of Galinda?

here's a website to the musical that might help

http://www.wickedthemusical.com/#

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 5

yep, I'm here.

and here's where I yammered on about this wonderful show once before:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-394143-wicked.html

I still think the defying gravity number would translate into a great cake...

could adapt the floating tier stand or make something like it with Elphaba on the top, her dress flowing down and all the Ozians and Galinda down below.

if needed lots of servings, her dress would just be a series of rounds stacked and carved to a pyramid shape w/ a wonder mold cake on top and the doll pick all dressed out as Elphaba

in the sketch, Elphaba is a full size wonder mold doll cake, with cape billowing out behind, and her dress also trailing and covering the support.

Galinda and the Ozians are mini-wonder molds or cupcakes looking on in awe and horror!

and of course, broom for Elphaba and sparkly star scepter and crown for Galinda
LL

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:54am
post #4 of 5

OMG Doug that is a wonderful idea. I'm not sure if I could pull off her face though. I do love the way the cake stand could be used to make it look like she is flying. Wonderful idea.

I also like doing the others in small wonder molds.

I would have to do a big cake for them to stand on as it would need to serve 100 people.

I'm going to have to really think about this one. Maybe practice on her face.

Anyone else with ideas? I know it's going to be hard to out do Doug's idea but I'm still open to ideas. Anyone?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 10:30am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneK

OMG Doug that is a wonderful idea. I'm not sure if I could pull off her face though. I do love the way the cake stand could be used to make it look like she is flying. Wonderful idea.

I also like doing the others in small wonder molds.

I would have to do a big cake for them to stand on as it would need to serve 100 people.

I'm going to have to really think about this one. Maybe practice on her face.

Anyone else with ideas? I know it's going to be hard to out do Doug's idea but I'm still open to ideas. Anyone?

full size sheet 18x24 is 108 servings...and then extra of all the doll cakes.

face - just give it normal eyes, mouth -- Elphaba does NOT have a traditional witch's chin or hooked nose -- her face is a perfectly normal EXCEPT for one small (ok not so small) fact -- she's GREEN!

possibly get one of those face molds used for polyclay or make your own by taking a ball of gumpaste and pressing it over the face of a doll. set aside to let get fully hard. then use it like any mold w/ fondant or gumpaste to make a face.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%