Cake N' Crumbs

Decorating By SweetDreams Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 7:26pm by SugarBakerz

SweetDreams Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this in-home cake and goody decorating business? Either having had hosted a class or inquired about becoming an instructor. I am thinking of trying this out but the website does not really give you very much detail about becoming an instructor.

Does anyone have any info. on how it all works? and if it is worth the time?

Thanks much,

5 replies
SugarBakerz Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 6

Angela, I would be HAPPY to assist you and answer your questions.. I am a now officially a cake n crumbs instructor... let me know what you need to know or want to know and I will be HAPPY to give you the answers or help you find them... It is a great venture, and a great company! Please let me know how I can help!

joy5678 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 6

Are you talking about going into someones home & having a decorating party? I have wondered about this and what to charge for it. I saw something similar on another site.

SweetDreams Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:00am
post #4 of 6

Hi joy5678,

cake n' crumbs is an actual direct sales party company. Their website is ( i think this is right).
From what i have read, you teach a decorating class and you earn $ from people ordering from their catalogs.

joy5678 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much for the information. I checked the web site and e-mailed for more info on becoming an instructor and commissions, etc. I was on another site that was talking about doing in home parties to teach children how to decorate cakes. She takes small iced cakes & allows the children to learn & decorate them for themself to take home after the party. I believe this is for B-day parties, etc. I imagine the hostess would pay a certain amount per person to have the party. Thanks again for the info. I'm excited about talking with them about this.
Your Cake Bud, Joyce

SugarBakerz Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 6

to you both... cake n crumbs does in home or in "wherever" parties, there are 35 to choose from. The hostess can earn points for providing ingredients, and much like other direct selling programs, the more people she invites, the more points she would earn. The company does give catalogs to instructors and customers order from that, the more they buy again the more the hostess receives. Another options to cake c crumbs is parties, birthday, bridal, etc... the instructor provides the "goodie" being taught and then hostess or participants will play a flat fee based on the instructors choice... the is all straight commission for your because you aren't selling anything so you take your actual food costs from the overall amount paid per person. This type of "party" is also being done for scout meetings.. sometimes scout leaders will want a cookie decorating party and the instructor provides those, but if they scout leader chooses for each child to go home with a certain cookie cutter than the instructor makes that purchase for them through cake n crumbs. The amount you will make in commission vary depending on your sales of course and how far into it you are, just as any program. I know I received a pm from Angela about the program once I posted my response asking about 15 shows w/i 3 months.. that ISN'T a requirement it is an option for you to earn a ton of free product... the requirement is 6 w/i 3 months and has to be shows not straight commission parties. The kit to start is $280 and tax, shipping is free. In your kit you will receive a lot of items, but you will have some choices, in particular what 3 colors of candy wafers you would like to start with, what cookie molds you would like, what chocolate candy molds you would like, what size chefs jacket you prefer, etc. Also you have a certain amount of days to buy as much product at I think 40% off .. the stipulation to this is you can only by 1 of each item you choose at the discount rate... so you could spend as much overall as you wanted as long as you ordered 1 qty of any particular item. mmmmmmm I think I have said enough for now, but again I am more than happy to assist you... it might be easier to make contact with me and I can put you directly to the uplines and owner, and of course help you in any way I can!

Good luck, I hope you both join me on my "crumby" adventure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%