What Is Creme Bouquet?

Baking By joy5678 Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 1:50pm by penguinprincess

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 3:47am
post #1 of 8

I was looking at BC recipes & one called for the ingredient "creme bouquet"? Can you tell me more about this product? I've never heard of it before. Where I can it be purchased and how pricey is it? Thanks

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 8:11am
post #2 of 8

Creme bouquet is a flavor enhancer, usually used in combination with vanilla, but it can be used alone.

Differ brands have different formulas, but it has a cream flavored base with slight citrus undertones.

I purchased it from my local cake decorating shop, where it was pretty price (and the biggest bottle was 16 oz. which was never in stock). icon_sad.gif

Have since discovered www.nationalflavors.com
VERY reasonably priced, with free shipping over a certain $ amount.

HTH

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks so much for all the info. I thought it may be some type of flavoring but had never heard of it before. Might give it a try & thanks for the web site also.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 11:45am
post #4 of 8

I use Creme Bouquet in all of my cake recipes, except chocolate. I use it along with other flavors such as vanilla or almond. It adds a wonderful depth of flavor that will have folks wondering how you got your cake to taste so yummy. To me it smells like the smell one gets when you open a box of vanilla cake mix. It definitely has a lemon/citrus flavor, but it doesn't make your cake taste specifically citrusy, just enhances the flavor. It's well worth the price (about $5.50 for 8 oz) because you only need a little. I use a teaspon per basic batter recipe which makes about 7 cups of batter. Some people also use it in their BC icing, but I don't care for it that way.

JanH: thanks for the tip about nationalflavors.com thumbs_up.gif .

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 12:29pm
post #5 of 8

It is great but I MUCH prefer Magic Line's version over CK's. Just FYI depending on what brand you find.

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 28 Mar 2008 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 8

This may seem like a silly question, but do you use it in your chocolate and carrot cakes as well?

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 8

Hmmm...not sure about everyone else but I wouldn't use it with chocolate or the carrot cake itself. It the icing for either it would be fine, I think, althouth I know the traditional icing with carrot cake is usuall cream cheese icing of some sort. The creme bouquet would be unexpected and throw some people off, I think.

penguinprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penguinprincess Posted 31 Mar 2008 , 1:50pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf24

Hmmm...not sure about everyone else but I wouldn't use it with chocolate or the carrot cake itself. It the icing for either it would be fine, I think, althouth I know the traditional icing with carrot cake is usuall cream cheese icing of some sort. The creme bouquet would be unexpected and throw some people off, I think.

Thank you very much for your help!! I plan to order some soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%