Dang...is My Cake Toast???

Decorating By plbennett_8 Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 2:04pm by plbennett_8

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:05am
post #1 of 7

Dang... Ok...10 hours at work, and came home to start on cakes due this Friday... Making the Chocolate version of the WASC... 12" Square cake to be carved... 2 cups Coffee and 1/2 cup creamer for the water. 1/2 cup coco and 1 1/2 cup flour with 2 DH Devil's food cake mixes... AND...yes... icon_cry.gif I TOTALLY forgot the 4 tablespoons of oil... icon_sad.gif This is going to be a carved cake... Am I completely screwed?

Shaking head...
Pat icon_redface.gif

6 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 6:19am
post #2 of 7

It might be a tiny bit dry, but 4 TBSP is not a lot of oil.

plbennett_8 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:21am
post #3 of 7

Thanks for answering JoAnn icon_smile.gif

I guess I will try to use it for the "handles" of the scissors, and if it's toooo dry I will just have to rebake on Wednesday... I can't believe I did that... I will be more careful tonight. So the Oil affects the moistness of the cake?

Thanks again,
Pat

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:25am
post #4 of 7

If this is for a cake that will be laying flat on a board (but carved). I'm sure it will be fine for that. I would take a little taste while your carving to make sure it tastes okay. If you used a cake mix it should be fine. I might consider rebaking if it was going to stand up with supports and it would be real tall. HTH.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 7

This will be absolutely NO PROBLEM! I'm embarrassed to admit how many times I've forgotten the oil. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif The oil is more for preservation than moistness anyway. Don't worry about it!

oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 7

the creamer you used is full of fat and the cake mix itself has some so your cake should be fine.

plbennett_8 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 7

Oh Wow icon_biggrin.gif What a relief! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks all! This is for a girl at work, and the last thing I need is for her to not be happy with the cake. I really appreciate you help!

Pat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%