Just Have To Share...

Decorating By tschamberlain Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 10:36am by JanH

tschamberlain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tschamberlain Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 4

I was asked to make a cake for a church women's function last week and it turned out to be one of those days. I decided on a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.. I had planned to bake the cake the night before but my son got sick and I just wasn't in the mood after dealing with all of that. Sooo long story short I wasn't able to get the cake baked until 12:00 that day and had other obligations all day. We only have one car so as soon as hubby got home from work I ran to the store and picked up some cream cheese frosting (gasp, I know). Anyway, I got home and quickly iced the cake and piped a border and some scrolls on the side. Made a quick carnation topper and barely made it to the church on time.

You would not believe the compliments I got! People everywhere asking for my recipe and just raving about it, also telling me how beautiful it was. It was the only cake that was totally eaten. I know at least one other was a store bought cake but I just thought this was too funny. I guess I'll have to remember that for future reference! Hopefully next time I'll plan ahead a little better though!

3 replies
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 4

Hahaha! ain't that about right? Just goes to show....when you're good, you're good!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 4

Ok...spill it....we want to see a picture!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:36am
post #4 of 4

Who are you to argue with success. icon_lol.gif

Admit it, you're that good. icon_biggrin.gifbirthday.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%